What would you have done differently??
10-24-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
(10-24-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  
(10-24-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Oofffa, is that x chain on DDlighttrucks Can just straight hooked to a pocket. Someone has more $$ than brains. Cause it ain't cheap or safe to have to replace em when they tear right outta there. Also, if your X chains are touching where they cross, you'll need to put padding in there. That one's in the FMCSA hand book. Chains cannot be crossed without padding between them.

I like this thread. Hopefully we can keep it going. Maybe there won't be a manual but there can at least be this thread??...
Out of curiosity, why would I rip out the stake pockets? I’ve certainly seen my fair share of ripped/torn/crushed stake pockets....but not from anything I’ve done to cause that. I’ve shook my head quite a bit over other drivers abuse.

Yes, I did read your earlier comments about chains and stake pockets being a no-no. I’m just saying it’s never been an issue for me.

Which reg states that crossed chains can’t touch? I’d like to read that. Thanks

Its not that the chains can't touch, its too stop them from rubbing together and chafing. I usually use a bunge between them to keep them apart an wrap the excess around them too keep them secured together.

An ugh using the rub rail for securement that gives me shivers, but that's more a canadian thing cause DOT see's that up here your gonna be helping pay for the xmas party.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done differently?? - ynot - 10-24-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.