What would you have done differently??
10-25-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
I’m with you Chamberpains. I agree with your opinion

But, on THIS load, the container I posted pics of, I don’t see any chances of movement. So I’m less fussy on how things are done. I used 12’ chains on the front X, leaves me very little excess chain to wrap up, in this case none. I used 8’ chains on the back, which also gave me no excess chain to wrap up. I try to be efficient that way

The picture you posted of the regs..... I’m not sure if that’s for the chains crossing or for the rub rails not being used for securement?

I learned to do without, especially on low pro steps like I’m dragging today. There’s a lack of securement points especially if they have an open spread that can close. You lose stake pockets and winches because of that.

I like the flat hook end on 2” ratchets because it keeps the ratchet body closer to the trailer. Some loads if you use the chain end the ratchet body can bounce into the load causing paint damage. I’ve tried putting padding in there but it usually blows away, unless I tape it there.

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done differently?? - DDlighttruck - 10-25-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.