What would you have done differently??
10-26-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
Surprisingly, the only issue I had was one of the huck bolts on the end down managed to dig a little into my deck. They put stiff cardboard under the front, but it compressed enough along the way for the bolt to touch. 2 out of 3 still had air brakes set when I delivered. Of course they loaded from the rear, and I was told they had to unload from the rear also. Nope, came off the sides - I could have stuck something else on the trailer and possibly got closer to my goal rpm... I'm still learning the ltl game, and left $4k along the road on the trip home as it was.

I couldn't live without my pocket winches. I even got the PortaAnchors for the other side,

./uploads/201910/post_2789_1572091327_6aa110afec86e716f2d36ced5d81706d.jpg

and use them a lot. I can't bring myself to substitute a ratchet for a winch. In fact the only thing I carry that I very rarely use is my 4" ratchets.

I guess I've been fortunate, as I've never had an issue with stuff on tires moving. Now framed reels, on the other hand, is fighting to knock 5 gallon buckets off my #1 hated spot, just because of their fuel thievery and likelihood to dance...

45k, and I don't think I got in a single mile of coasting from OKC to Odessa fighting the wind.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Ive got a few pocket winches i use from time too time on the top deck since i only have 3 winches up there, but mostly i use them on the back of the trailer since with the sliding spread there's only 2 winches back there. Personally im not a fan of them i find them a PIA an woukd rather use ratchets instead but the pocket winches do come in handy on occasion.

Here's a closer pic of on in the wild is anyone is curious

Its true what chamberpains is saying about know you equipment. Here the loads rating an how they apply for my trailer a rietnouer, im sire everybody is close too the same with little differences here an there. An this info im about too share for some reason seems too be top secret for some reason rietnouer doesnt share it easily i had too poke my sales man a few times after asking how the tag on the trailer with the rating on the trailer brakes down. One thing too note is even though they have a rating for everything they also say check your local laws cause some of these could be useless too ya.

No idea where the other configurations are this is all i managed to wrestle from his cold saleman'y hands lol
replyreply

The one I’m dragging just says stake pockets. No reference to wrapping the whole pocket or using half the pocket

I’ve asked this before and never gotten an answer- IF the whole pocket is good for 5500 pounds, then each half should be good for 2750 pounds.

A 2” strap is good for 3300 pounds, so I see no issues using two 2” straps on one pocket. Reduce the amount from 3300 to 2750 in your aggregate calc and carry on

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
(10-25-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Today's new load 48,011lbs of square tube I don't know of or have any gear that can stop forward move with this type of load. Little over 20 ft of deck space used. 3 bellies 6 over the top and my fat ass bouncing on the cheater bar to tighten them down.

Those loads always make me nervous, the only thing i may have done differently, is belly strap all the rows an put them close too the front an back as possible in hopes that tightening them would pinch the front an back tighter together an maybe stopping them from walking out.
replyreply
Outstanding information ynot. I've tried finding that info myself and had no luck even call Reitnouer here in Reading, PA. Fantastic trailers. Really poor end user communication and info availability.

I have those under rail slider anchors and half of them are missing. That's why I have nothing to hook to directly under the trailer. The rail they slide on probably covers where I'd be able to hook to. But using the rub rail has been fine for me for so long, I just never looked to see if I can simply remove the slider rail.

Thanks for posting that DDlighttruck. I'd say your assumption is safe in using half the whole pocket WLL. I'm glad we kept this going. There is a pile of great info coming out of it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-08-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
Fubar load front to back.

Work benches, forklift dumpsters, large snow moves with skidloader buckets underneath, stack of smaller snow movers, rollaway dumper with skid buckets inside, 2 skid buckets hanging 30inch off rear with some cement thing set between them.

Oy vey what a screwy load all going to Richie bro auction Minnesota.

Load weighs 30k. 18 4in straps 2 2in straps.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
At least you or they were kind enough to put padding and blocks under that stuff. It's that kind of crap that punches or vibrates straight through an aluminum deck. I have a couple holes in my upper deck to prove it happens.

Beside breaking out a ton more edge protectors, I can't see myself loading that any other way. What does that stuff on the tail look like. That's the no man's land of the trailer. Everything vibrates loose or works it's way out of securement back there. Pay extra attention when loading on the very tail. I "x" strap everything back there with forward pressure.
replyreply
Rear strapping not a thing moved from Elwood in to Albert Lea mn. Second time though in a year and two months that I've been stuck out on the road for the weekend couldn't get to Ritchie Bros in time to unload and they're not open Monday due to the holiday

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Wow, they wanted every inch of the trailer and then some. Did you offer them a piece of your sleeper too?

I probably wouldn't have let them put those buckets on there. That's just to much over hang for that short of a piece. Rough roads would have played hell on them.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.