What would you have done differently??
11-12-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
(11-12-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Hammerhead is special.

Short bus, window lickin special!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
11-15-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 

I snagged a quick pic once I got the tarps off.

The other trick I’ve heard is to put a piece of wood going vertically in between each pipe, or a t-block to achieve the same thing. But, as far as I understand it, the goal is to turn the individual pipes into one big bundle. The risk is the outer pipes might be held down by the over the top straps, but the middle ones are loose in a hard brake

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
11-15-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
yeah thats loose we pipe we dont do any that we do all palletized pipe even the big 10" black iron pipe we haul time to time is palletized

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
12-17-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
Can I play too?
Load anit that heavy but the trailer sure the hell is .
Total 131,000 lbs

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply

Bear with me I is a idijt

replyreply
If the written weight on the side of that spool is correct @ 72,050 lbs, and you're only showing probably 8 direct connect chains(we can't see the passenger side securement), your still shy quite a few chains.
I can't quite tell if that's 3/8" or 1/2" chain.

Assuming your using 6600 lb connecting devices and that's 3/8 transport chain your adding up to 52,800 lb of securement. That's 19,250 lb of securement shy. 4 more chains of equal rating will get you covered but 6 more will let you pay more attention to pooping your drawers in that oh crap moment instead of wondering if the load is still attached.

If you're running low on chains you can always switch from direct connect to indirect (cutting the number of required chains in half) by feeding the chains through the eye in the center. If you carried a couple grade 70 double clevis links you could attach your chains together for length. ./uploads/201912/post_3285_1576625508_db94dd4d3b20411a339e9f6613908117.jpeg

But this is just an option. 12 - 14 direct connect chains are probably the easiest to do on that piece.
replyreply
(12-17-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  If the written weight on the side of that spool is correct @ 72,050 lbs, and you're only showing probably 8 direct connect chains(we can't see the passenger side securement), your still shy quite a few chains.
I can't quite tell if that's 3/8" or 1/2" chain.

Assuming your using 6600 lb connecting devices and that's 3/8 transport chain your adding up to 52,800 lb of securement. That's 19,250 lb of securement shy. 4 more chains of equal rating will get you covered but 6 more will let you pay more attention to pooping your drawers in that oh crap moment instead of wondering if the load is still attached.

If you're running low on chains you can always switch from direct connect to indirect (cutting the number of required chains in half) by feeding the chains through the eye in the center. If you carried a couple grade 70 double clevis links you could attach your chains together for length.

But this is just an option. 12 - 14 direct connect chains are probably the easiest to do on that piece.

themissinglink & I don't play with puppy chains, those are all 1/2" with 1/2-5/8 15000lbs binders, so he's got the full 11,200lbs per chain...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Yes ,I should have more pulling back . The only way in this case that could be achieved is one right thought the eye . The spool looks strong but is not . The last one I did ,I had 4 more chains on it and 8 of them were completely useless . Simply putting chains on does no good if there's no anchor point to the load . ( weak framework)
There are also chock blocks .( front and back )

Driver side and passenger side are mirror image . 99% of the time my loads are always mirror image .
Yes the load is 72,000 .

I very rarely ever use indirect chains for a whole list of reason . I will not say it's wrong but very rarely practical in my line of work .

replyreply
If oversized has same reqs as flat technically by those standards he only needs around 57600lbs securement or 80% of loads weight in securement I believe if I remember that correctly from the book. I'll have to go back and look. I'm not saying this is safe but that is all that's required by DOT

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.