What would you have done differently??
12-18-2019, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
There is not enough room , the only way is to chain to the c channel and pull across to the other side .
My last load I had two crossed chain on the front and back . I could not tighten the chains at all. If I got the chain almost snug ,a mile down the road it was loose .
I also had two on each side ,on the outside ( halfway up ,if this make sense ) pulling towards the center of the load . The chains were pretty much a " W ". With the middle of the W being the center of the eye . Anywho All 8 of those chains were completely useless . They looked pretty but could not stay tight or had any benefit.

I honestly think the only way is to run 1 or 2 right though the eye and back to one more rear lighting hole. With this the steel frame could completely come apart but the chains would hold the "roll" back . If that make sense .
If I was to do that ,I would use a "boomer " on each side . That way I could actually get the chain tight. These one of my biggest pet peeves about indirect chain down .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done differently?? - the missing link - 12-18-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.