What would you have done differently??
02-20-2020, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
Here's an ugly load of empty pallets.

I figured I'd show a good way of hauling these because of the years I've seen far to many guys just throwing straps over the pallets anywhere. Sometimes breaking the top pallet or only 1 strap over the front and back stacks. Or maybe attempting to be safe and throwing 2 over the front and maybe 2 over the back.

Anyone that hauls these knows they bounce. The straps flap. And on the east coast it's not uncommon to see a stack of skid flung off in to the ditch or scattered all over the road. Because they weren't secured properly.

If you look closely everyone of my straps goes directly over the horizontal "stringer" of the skid. This is the most secure place to put your strap. Not in between them where the slat can break. Then I put a full twist in the strap on each side if the load. This keeps the straps from flapping against the skids.

But most importantly, the front and the back stack get 3 straps. 1 over the stringer and 2 "x" straps fed thru the top skid. This holds the whole load in place and doesn't allow forward movement and won't allow the back to walk out from under you securement.

Hopefully this helps guys haul these loads a lot safer than I've seen.

Sorry about the pics being turned side ways.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Rawze , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done differently?? - Chamberpains - 02-20-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.