What would you have done differently??
02-20-2020, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
I haul a lot of pallets from the stores (Menards) back to the DC with flatbeds at times. Rejected a lot of them because the some the stores because of the bottom pallet is all smashed to hell or stack just worse than the leaning tower of Pisa and the employees think it will be alright going down the highway. I tell them because I am liable for the load going down the highway and if it comes off the flatbed, hits a car with a family and kills someone well then I will have to say goodbye to the life I live and get ready for the life inside a prison. Most say no problem and off I go...

This one time had a store manager come out of his hole and get all buff and pissed off at me because I pretty much rejected a whole load of pallets that were smashed up and not even banded together which they are required to do also. I took pictures of the pallets and said to call the DC and complain to them. A few days later the transportion office had mentioned to me something about the situation because the manager DID complain and emailed them photos of nice secured backhaul pallets ready to go.
I laughed and showed them the photos I took and they rolled their eyes and apologized to me about it. They asked if I could email them the photos which I gladly did.

Found out sometime later that that manager was not employed at that store anymore.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done differently?? - Volvo8873 - 02-20-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.