What would you have done differently??
03-10-2020, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
Been collecting pictures of my loads for years now, guess it's time I shared a few. I got my start in flatbed by hauling mixed loads of structural steel for a big distributor, typically going to welding shops. (They were ugly, I could fill an entire thread with pictures that would make you scream) As a result I to secure things as safely and securely as possible, so any comments or suggestions are welcome.

So, let's start with the most recent load. Bulk totes of mulch dye:

There were originally 5 more totes, with the entire load being side-by-side. The same method of securement seen on the single tote was originally used on the front 2, except the diagonal straps went up and over one tote then came down in front of the other.

Technically I could have used only a single strap over the middle totes with 2 straps on the first and last. But I had enough straps to use 2 on every single row, so I did. Despite the half twist to reduce flutter, the straps are very tight. Tapping on them is like tapping a guitar string. I was actually surprised that the metal frames didn't bend at all.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Rawze , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done differently?? - JimT - 03-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.