What would you have done differently??
03-10-2020, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
(03-10-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  that style of tote is usualy pretty strong although rust out fast working in ethanol plants we always got that style as you can stack them got one at the house for used oil.

I don't haul a lot of totes, that was only the 2nd time. First time I was hauling some type of polymer solution from GA to NJ, they told me to strap over the metal and not to worry when it bends since they all do that and if the customer didn't like it then they shouldn't have requested a flatbed! The only other totes I've hauled were empty, but still required corrosive placards.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
06-19-2020, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
Revive this thread again. May not be a ground breaking super load, but it was fun to secure. First time I've had a customer stack ISO (roofing insulation) on top of another skid.

The rear overhang looks like a lot, but in reality it was barely 18 inches, which is what the dunnage on the nose of my trailer takes up. Unfortunately the trailer has no storage boxes or racks so my options are limited. And I don't own the trailer, so I can't add anything to it.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
06-20-2020, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
(06-19-2020 )JimT Wrote:  Revive this thread again. May not be a ground breaking super load, but it was fun to secure. First time I've had a customer stack ISO (roofing insulation) on top of another skid.

The rear overhang looks like a lot, but in reality it was barely 18 inches, which is what the dunnage on the nose of my trailer takes up. Unfortunately the trailer has no storage boxes or racks so my options are limited. And I don't own the trailer, so I can't add anything to it.

supposed to have a red rag or flag on the overhang in the back since it sticks out further than the tail lights do.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
on a 48' flat if im remembering right its 3 feet before it needs to be flagged. we haul alot of PVC pipe that overhangs front and rear along with steel power poles that are not required to be flagged unless they overhang more than the 3 feet.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Every single state has different rules/laws on flags and strobes for overhang. I always go with dress it for success everywhere you go. Put a flag/strobe on it and then you won't get caught off guard.

As far as that dunnage, have you looked under the trailer for mounting things too? I have all my dunnage secured in between my frame rails under the trailer. Along with various other tarps and and stuff. I used to slide it through the dolly leg supports too.
replyreply
06-21-2020, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
(06-20-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Every single state has different rules/laws on flags and strobes for overhang. I always go with dress it for success everywhere you go. Put a flag/strobe on it and then you won't get caught off guard.

As far as that dunnage, have you looked under the trailer for mounting things too? I have all my dunnage secured in between my frame rails under the trailer. Along with various other tarps and and stuff. I used to slide it through the dolly leg supports too.
I do a lot of front and rear overhang and have been for a long time. I agree with flagging and lighting for safety and to keep the man off your back. Laws for front and rear overhang very from state to state as well as enforcement. As far as loading loads, everyone can always learn something. Here are a few pictures of some loads. The first was some 75 footers, the truck in front had 73s. The other two are the last two of a bunch of loads I took to a bridge job. The last two loads were short 30s so there were nine pieces. The first one I did like you would normally, three stacks. The last load I loaded end to end which was better overall. Not so top heavy or high and the unload crew didn't have to climb way up there. I just felt it was safer overall and would take the heat if the man stopped me.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202006/post_3207_1592771527_533584e8c53e5c6fbded152ed55e382f.jpg./uploads/202006/post_3207_1592771502_89bacd4cee4036c98deda7403f5bb9d8.jpg./uploads/202006/post_3207_1592771548_5d9cfc272d06153e0424efc155ab9401.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Rtrucking
08-08-2020, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
So I know this is a old thread but look what I came across on fb

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
(08-08-2020 )Rtrucking Wrote:  So I know this is a old thread but look what I came across on fb

terrrible!. Someone needs to go back to school.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-08-2020 )Rtrucking Wrote:  So I know this is a old thread but look what I came across on fb

I see super truckers all the time with one binder at each end of the tracks. The one end on the inside of the track the other end hooked on the edge of the trailer. That's four binder total on some pretty big stuff. And pass you, and if their not doing 80 their not doing sh&#. That's special in more ways than one.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.