What would you have done differently??
08-09-2020, (Subject: What would you have done differently?? ) 
RE: What would you have done differently??
(08-09-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(08-08-2020 )Rtrucking Wrote:  So I know this is a old thread but look what I came across on fb

This is for sure an ever lasting thread. Please keep them coming. If even one guy learns something from this it'll have been worth all the discussion.

Wow, I'll bet that ding bat thinks that counts as 4 chains too. WRONG!!!
And just for guys that don't know the tracks on the machine are not transport rated and attaching them like that or any other way that the metal could bend and let the chain go is DEADLY WRONG.

Just Google "excavator comes off trailer" and you'll see it happens a lot more than you'd think. I saw a very large one come off on the Baltimore beltway. It makes quite the mess.

Couple years ago heading southbound on I-35 north of Ames, IA I was just putzing along when I came across a semi with lowboy heading NB parked along the side of the interstate. Went a little further and seen a large excavator laying upside down in the ditch! Right past that I came under those large overpasses with the large heavy steel I-beam’s and seen one of them was basically tore in half! Holy sh!t I still think to this day the force it took to do that damage to the bridge like that!

Guy was not having a good day....

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done differently?? - Volvo8873 - 08-09-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.