Glowshift in cab Fuel Pressure Gauge?
10-22-2019, (Subject: Glowshift in cab Fuel Pressure Gauge? ) 
Glowshift in cab Fuel Pressure Gauge?
2008 ProStar, CM-871... Wondering if anyone has installed the Glowshift Fuel Pressure Gauge in the cab of their truck? It is electronic, not mechanical, wondering where the included sensor would go, or tap into the system at? Also, is 100 psi enough on the gauge? Isn't the pressure up in the thousands?

https://www.amazon.com/GlowShift-White-C...290&sr=8-7
replyreply
RE: Glowshift in cab Fuel Pressure Gauge?
On my 870 ifsm which im pretty sure is the same as the 871 there is a port on the left side that lines up with the fuel pressure sensor you could probably tap in there.

Another idea would be too get some brass fittings an take out the sensor an put in a spacer with a T an have a sensor on each end. Or depending on room turn the T an have one sensor pointing up an one too the side
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
What is the fuel pressure running down the road?
replyreply
Waterloo
I have Cm570 my sensor is installed right After the Fuel Water filter inline , I too didn’t know which port on IFSM to install !
I’ve been using Teltek brand and pretty please with there warranty and customer service.
I just had outside “ambient temp gauge’fail and one phone call and three emails later , I had a new one in 2 days .

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
(10-22-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  2008 ProStar, CM-871... Wondering if anyone has installed the Glowshift Fuel Pressure Gauge in the cab of their truck? It is electronic, not mechanical, wondering where the included sensor would go, or tap into the system at? Also, is 100 psi enough on the gauge? Isn't the pressure up in the thousands?

https://www.amazon.com/GlowShift-White-C...290&sr=8-7

On a CM870/CM871...

If u want to monitor the actual fuel pressure of the IFSM, you will likely need a 450+ psi hydraulic gauge (perhaps higher for cold weather?). - it usually hangs out at about 260-300 psi or so if memory serves me right.

- Personally, I see no point in putting one in unless you just looking to make the dash more cluttered.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-23-2019, (Subject: Glowshift in cab Fuel Pressure Gauge? ) 
I was thinking the old girl is getting up there in years, much of the fuel system is from the first in frame, just seeing a few IFSM equipped trucks now having fueling issues, so thinking maybe a fuel pressure gauge may not be a bad idea to possibly catch a failing pump on the old 2008 ProStar CM-871.

I was under the hood yesterday, still at the house... Getting ready to leave, one of these days...

I was just glancing at all of this yesterday, not much thought going on as I was messing around elsewhere, but had the phone and took a few photos...

Anyway, I took a photo of the side of the IFSM, there is a compucheck port, and wondering if this is a spot that a fuel pressure sending unit can be installed? Or would it be the bottom port, with the nipple on it at the nose of the unit, below the where the main fuel line exits the IFSM. Or, where Pd6 has his down by the fuel filter? I don't know if I will do this, just thinking outside of the box, and the gauge is available...

./uploads/201910/post_218_1571819903_e8945aa8feb4c3c695ceb529f9bd4bd7.jpeg
replyreply
(10-23-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I was thinking the old girl is getting up there in years, much of the fuel system is from the first in frame, just seeing a few IFSM equipped trucks now having fueling issues, so thinking maybe a fuel pressure gauge may not be a bad idea to possibly catch a failing pump on the old 2008 ProStar CM-871.

I was under the hood yesterday, still at the house... Getting ready to leave, one of these days...

I was just glancing at all of this yesterday, not much thought going on as I was messing around elsewhere, but had the phone and took a few photos...

Anyway, I took a photo of the side of the IFSM, there is a compucheck port, and wondering if this is a spot that a fuel pressure sending unit can be installed? Or would it be the bottom port, with the nipple on it at the nose of the unit, below the where the main fuel line exits the IFSM. Or, where Pd6 has his down by the fuel filter? I don't know if I will do this, just thinking outside of the box, and the gauge is available...

I was told (and that doesn’t mean the advice was right) that you’ll get a low pressure fuel code when your pump is on its way out.
I’ve got a fuel pressure test kit on order, it plugs onto that compucheck fitting. I figure to check it every service, just to keep an eye on it.
It comes with a fuel restriction gauge, too

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
(10-23-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I was thinking the old girl is getting up there in years, much of the fuel system is from the first in frame, just seeing a few IFSM equipped trucks now having fueling issues, so thinking maybe a fuel pressure gauge may not be a bad idea to possibly catch a failing pump on the old 2008 ProStar CM-871.

I was told (and that doesn’t mean the advice was right) that you’ll get a low pressure fuel code when your pump is on its way out.
I’ve got a fuel pressure test kit on order, it plugs onto that compucheck fitting. I figure to check it every service, just to keep an eye on it.
It comes with a fuel restriction gauge, too

Can you post a link to that fuel pressure kit?
replyreply
Unfortunately the 570/870/871 has such a wide range of acceptable fuel pressure what is it 260-295psi, by the time it throws a low pressure code your already gonna know something aint right.

For instance on my 870 i can start the day at 285psi fuel pressure on cold fuel, at a 100f fuel temp oressure has dropped too 278-280psi, on a hot summer day an fuel temps climb to 140-145f fuel pressure bombs down 270psi. I can notice that 15psi drop through out the day in pulling power, ya i understand there's more at play with cold dense fuel vs warm but its still noticable an the ecm doesnt care it just tries too compensate for the losses.

Personally "software" is the best too get the full picture of fuel psi an temps. But if that's not an option, I'd tap into the rail a the fuel pressire sensor with a T like i mentioned earlier. So that way you see what the ecm see's you'll see pressure drops or spikes if one of the check valves sticks closed, or a blockage or something. Tapping in at the gear pump just tells you its working it doesnt tell ya whats going on afterwards.

Bare minimum you'd want a 350psi gauge ideally like rawze said a 400+ would be better, the factory gauge pegs at 335psi
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.