WARMER TEMPS
06-15-2016, (Subject: WARMER TEMPS ) 
WARMER TEMPS
Had truck serviced today and they said trans was a little low. No sign of leak. They topped it off and now trans temp is 50 degrees higher than it was. It is 09 prostar. Guage use to stay on 150 all the time now its 200. My pyro is running around 400 to 450. Used to stay around 350 to 400. Just started this since it has turned hot. Did notice that sock on turbo outlet is torn, I think some dumby held pressure washer rite on it and messed it up. Would this cause 50 to 100 degrees hotter temps? What should trans temp be? If to much oil would it run hot? Prostar AC sucks. Fan doesn't cycle right. AC is very cold, but truck will get up to 190 195 when pulling and when out of torque situation it seems to just hang there. Used to would fall right back to around 180. How hard is it to put manual fan switch on? I know its a lot of questions but this damn thing got me worried to death. Thanks in advance
replyreply
06-15-2016, (Subject: WARMER TEMPS ) 
RE: WARMER TEMPS
Is your rad getting plugged up? mine was full of bugs and white fuzzies. when I cleaned it out, all temps went down... a I've got a tranny cooler on mine that was plugging also.
replyreply
06-16-2016, (Subject: WARMER TEMPS ) 
I find my trans temps run approx 100 degrees over ambient. More if I'm pulling a lot of grades on close succession. The exhaust temps are within range I'd expect to see. They are actually a little cooler than my own but I have a bad CAC. That sock is just insulation to keep the heat off the cab and help keep the exhaust warm in the pipe for the DOC. The temp will hang for s minute or so as it takes that much time for the cooler radiator flow to cool the piston liners/turbo/egr cooler/oil cooler. Just my .02 cents.
replyreply
Looks like your trans temps are normal. In regards to manual switch for your fan, just run a hot wire to your solenoid,,it's the one the air line from your fan clutch goes too. I wouldn't be with one, good luck

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(06-15-2016 )axe Wrote:  ...
How hard is it to put manual fan switch on?

Your custom tune allows you to cut the ground wire from the fan solenoid without faults to the ECM and install a switch where it is cut. -- In doing so, When the switch is "closed" (re-connecting the cut wire) the fan will run in automatic mode by the ECM,.. and when the switch is "open", the fan comes on and stays on. Also there is no need of fuses etc. because it is simply a ground wire.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I think I have radiator trouble. Last night it was 67 degrees and truck ran like it always did. Very seldom will get over 185, unless in a really hard long pull. Then it will immediately drop back to 185 or so. Drove thru the night and as morning came and temps rose so did water temp. I usually don't drive with the cruise but I did last night experimenting. Came cross I69 in KY and WKP with cruise on and temp never got over 185. Coming up I71 in KY and OH outside temp was around 90 and water temp would jump to 195 200 just taking off and getting up to speed. It has never run that hot since custom tune. Hell the fan hasn't kicked on a half dozen times since tune. Gonna clean out rad install fan switch and go from there. Thanks everyone.
replyreply
06-21-2016, (Subject: WARMER TEMPS ) 
I put on manual switch to fan, both blend and temp actuators, man that back one sucks getting to it, and put a switch in to reset cab control. Thanks Rawze and rawze.com and everyone for all the info. Thanks Waterloo for calling and sharing your AC experience. Happy trucking to all.
replyreply
06-21-2016, (Subject: WARMER TEMPS ) 
(06-16-2016 )axe Wrote:  I think I have radiator trouble. Last night it was 67 degrees and truck ran like it always did. Very seldom will get over 185, unless in a really hard long pull. Then it will immediately drop back to 185 or so. Drove thru the night and as morning came and temps rose so did water temp. I usually don't drive with the cruise but I did last night experimenting. Came cross I69 in KY and WKP with cruise on and temp never got over 185. Coming up I71 in KY and OH outside temp was around 90 and water temp would jump to 195 200 just taking off and getting up to speed. It has never run that hot since custom tune. Hell the fan hasn't kicked on a half dozen times since tune. Gonna clean out rad install fan switch and go from there. Thanks everyone.

Don't forget that thermostats can go bad too. when mine started acting up, it would go all the way to 200 when the engine first warmed up, then fall back to 185 and stay there the rest of the day.

As the thermostat starts wearing out on the ISX, the most common symptom is for engine to spike in temp after warming up, then fall back to something lower for the rest of the day. As it gets worse, the temps stays higher than normal all the time and this can lead to major engine problems if not dealt with.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-10-2016, (Subject: WARMER TEMPS ) 
couldn't find the other post with pics of plugged up rads to reply on but pulled my ac and charge air cooler to check mine top 14 inches of rad completely blocked with thin layer like smeared mud, then strait down center about 10 inches wide to just before bottom charge air cooler. wow.. engine temps way better now thanks again never would have peaked in there.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.