Lift Axle Valve Question...
10-24-2019, (Subject: Lift Axle Valve Question... ) 
Lift Axle Valve Question...
Was out in the truck yesterday buttoning her up, hit the lift axle switch and nothing. Checked the fuses, etc., and left it at that. I figure it is the switch on the valve that failed, but did not get any farther than that. I know what the unit looks like, just wondering is there a common place that these valves are located in the truck so I don't spend all day looking for it.

Here is the valve... https://www.dsuban.com/product/19516-711...lve-p2485/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
RE: Lift Axle Valve Question...
Mine is mounted on the axle itself next to the abs and relay valve. Should be relatively easy to get at

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I found it, up near the cab on the crossmember. I think the issue is the air solenoid... I checked the wiring in the cab, all good. Checked the relay, working. Chased the main power to solenoid, I think that is the issue, the solenoid. Ground appears good. Still need to test.

And that is the thing, I think it is just that solenoid that is bad. It is an always closed unit, looks darn near identical to the one we use on our fan clutch. I believe the valve is fine, so looking for a solenoid, FleetPride may have a universal unit, I guess I could Mickey Mouse it in there and make it work.
replyreply
Anytime I've tried to take apart an air valve the screws just snap right off in the aluminum housing.Now I just replace the whole damn thing.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(10-24-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Anytime I've tried to take apart an air valve the screws just snap right off in the aluminum housing.Now I just replace the whole damn thing.

Exactly what happened...Snap, snap, snap... Even one of the 1/2" thick mounting bolts snapped off by hand. But, I got lucky! FleetPride actually stocked the valve I needed, with a slightly different part number. The difference, one had a Delphi plug vs mine that simply had two wires for the solenoid. I was able to get a few of the old fittings out, a few I could not, ACE Hardware got me covered. Now it is dark out, finish this up in the morning.
replyreply
10-25-2019, (Subject: Lift Axle Valve Question... ) 
Job is finished... Mixing old and new parts is never easy, blah blah blah... Rewired the valve back to the cab, old wiring was, old, installed new ground too, along with some new air fittings, etc... All is working, I have a lift axle.

Downside, I think I found my air leak... Cab leveler is shot. $130, will get one tomorrow and install. It never ends...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.