New truck
10-24-2019, (Subject: New truck ) 
New truck
Just picked up a 2004 Pete with a 2003 ISX that was deleted. I'm told that the engine has been fed a steady diet of Rotella T4. Is there any reason to make a change at this point. 1.3M on the chassis and 375K since it was overhauled.
replyreply
RE: New truck
Nope, no reason at all. But there is certainly a reason to get the program in the engine looked at by uni, rawze, or mommaburt.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I would agree I would just get the tune looked at and leave the oil alone unless you prefer something different

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
It's an {name removed} tune. Been in there since the delete 375K ago.

Since I'm new to the Forum, you can expect many more posts on this engine.

Also, since I'm not familiar with how the Forum works just yet, is there a way for me to be notified of new replies?

Thanks, and looking forward to participating.
replyreply
I for one would love to know what that tune looks like, you really should have someone check it out.
When you start a new thread you can check the box that says something like "subscribe and get email notification of replies" not sure if you can do it after the thread is started.

replyreply
(10-24-2019 )spindrift Wrote:  It's an {name removed} tune.

those guys are totally clueless Puke deletes dealears with their point and guess garbage-can engine destroying tuning..

If you value your engine at all, you will seek help asap before any more damage is done.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: scottydogtruck
(10-24-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  

those guys are totally clueless Puke deletes dealears with their point and guess garbage-can engine destroying tuning..

If you value your engine at all, you will seek help asap before any more damage is done.

Wouldn't any damage have shown itself by now?
replyreply
(10-24-2019 )spindrift Wrote:  Wouldn't any damage have shown itself by now?

Have you taken an oil sample? Could have a dropped liner already(coolant in oil), or you could be about to throw a rod through the block due to hammered to death crank bearings/wrist pins. I'm sure your turbo is screaming for help as those guys are clueless on how to properly map a vgt.

replyreply
(10-24-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  
(10-24-2019 )spindrift Wrote:  
(10-24-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  

Wouldn't any damage have shown itself by now?

Have you taken an oil sample? Could have a dropped liner already(coolant in oil), or you could be about to throw a rod through the block due to hammered to death crank bearings/wrist pins. I'm sure your turbo is screaming for help as those guys are clueless on how to properly map a vgt.

Oil has been sampled regularly. VGT was replaced with a Borg Warner...70mm I believe.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.