Fuel Shutoff Solenoid
10-27-2019, (Subject: Fuel Shutoff Solenoid ) 
RE: Fuel Shutoff Solenoid
I lost that bent washer somewhere in the gravel the first time I removed the solenoid. Tried to make one from shim stock but sol. Had the same issue as the op.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
(10-27-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  With the guts removed, to this day, my engine shuts off right away without any issues or sputtering whatsoever. It runs the same way it did exactly. The ECM stops firing the solenoids like it should and they are not leaky. If they were leaky, the engine would sputter on not shut off properly.

I replaced my actuators about a year ago but going to give this a try just to check. Great to know.
Thanks,

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
(10-27-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  
(10-27-2019 )Tmaj12k Wrote:  That’s incredible that your truck still ran with no issues after removing the guts of the solenoid. Where do you get new internal parts for the solenoid when replacing?? I don’t think it comes in the box. When I look online and even with the aftermarket one that I bought, none of them come with new internal parts. Just new gaskets. Another thing I did when I changed to the Interstate McBee. There is a little flimsy piece in the guts that’s bent. I was unsure if it was supposed to be that way so I flattened out a little. Could that be causing an issue?

I wrote down the part number for the tool you used in the video to perform the leak test. I’m going to order it and do it myself. When so many weird things start to happen it’s hard to trust what you’re being told by a shop.

the thin bent thing is supposed to be bent. has to be installed in the right order and acts as a spring. image from cummins quickserve.

The thin bent part is #7 right? So if I flatten it, could this be causing my solenoid, though aftermarket, to not work properly??
replyreply
It helps locate an push the steel plunger back into it's hole to stop the flow of fuel when solenoid turns off

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.