Fuel Shutoff Solenoid
10-27-2019, (Subject: Fuel Shutoff Solenoid ) 
RE: Fuel Shutoff Solenoid
Let me put it another way...

My engine, the shutoff solenoid went bad about 2 years ago. - I removed the guts for it to get me off the side of the road and home. - I never put the guts back into it and don't even have a working shutoff solenoid any more on my truck. It is disconnected and its guts are still missing to this day. - Mine is like that, but in all reality, I would not recommend others do this beyond troubleshooting or getting you home in an emergency, then fixing it right, simply for safety reasons.

With the guts removed, to this day, my engine shuts off right away without any issues or sputtering whatsoever. It runs the same way it did exactly. The ECM stops firing the solenoids like it should and they are not leaky. If they were leaky, the engine would sputter on not shut off properly.

=========

Another clue to internally-leaky fuel actuators that happens sometimes is when the engine is idling, it will rev up a few rpm on its own,.. drift up in rpm as the metering actuators get more and more leaky. - Seen that a lot on people's trucks too. Idle set to 600 or 700 rpm,.. but after a while, the thing is idling 800 or higher sometimes, has drifted up on its own. Truck gets harder and harder to shift too as it gets worse because the engine does not rev down as fast as it should.

-- Again, as a related issue, .. do a leak test and ensure it passes on all injectors too. Cylinder blow-back into the fuel system from leaky injectors can cause sputtering and other ghost and unstable fuel related problems.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , 2dlb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel Shutoff Solenoid - Rawze - 10-27-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.