Fuel Shutoff Solenoid
10-27-2019, (Subject: Fuel Shutoff Solenoid ) 
RE: Fuel Shutoff Solenoid
(10-27-2019 )Tmaj12k Wrote:  That’s incredible that your truck still ran with no issues after removing the guts of the solenoid. Where do you get new internal parts for the solenoid when replacing?? I don’t think it comes in the box. When I look online and even with the aftermarket one that I bought, none of them come with new internal parts. Just new gaskets. Another thing I did when I changed to the Interstate McBee. There is a little flimsy piece in the guts that’s bent. I was unsure if it was supposed to be that way so I flattened out a little. Could that be causing an issue?

I wrote down the part number for the tool you used in the video to perform the leak test. I’m going to order it and do it myself. When so many weird things start to happen it’s hard to trust what you’re being told by a shop.

the thin bent thing is supposed to be bent. has to be installed in the right order and acts as a spring. image from cummins quickserve.
./uploads/201910/post_3119_1572217968_5470c0aaaf37c35ed4521955be8245f0.png

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel Shutoff Solenoid - DosGatos - 10-27-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.