Water in fuel
10-26-2019, (Subject: Water in fuel ) 
Water in fuel
Prostar with a CM2350, as the title says, I changed the separator, still says water in fuel in the info center. The fuel was pee yellow when I changed it out. I guess I need to drain the tanks now. Does the light automatically go off or does it need to be reset?
replyreply
RE: Water in fuel
(10-26-2019 )Explosia Wrote:  As the title says, I changed the separator, still says water in fuel in the info center. The fuel was pee yellow when I changed it out. I guess I need to drain the tanks now. Does the light automatically go off or does it need to be reset?

Did you drain water separator completely and cleaned around sensor?
Sometime sensor or wires can go bad. Disconnect sensor plug if signal is down wires are good.
New sensor you can find at Freightliner dealership.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
I changed the filter completely. The fuel was yellow. It’s been raining the past few days were I filled up. I have 5/8 of a tank left when the fuel in water came on. That’s in between the 3/4 and 1/2 for those in Rio Linda. After I changed the filter, it’s still on. I’m thinking i need to drain the tanks. Funny thing is the truck runs fine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Old Driver
you changed filter but did you run the filter assembly dry before replacing or only drain down to filter level for swap. could be water still in the filter housing. or sensor is stuck tripped. youll know if you get water shi#t will go bonkers.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
I have a wonky filter, it has a small plastic cup on the bottom that screws into the filter. I should’ve cleaned the sensor, but that never occurred to me. The fuel is green in the cup right now, but I’m concerned about the yellow color of the fuel I took out.
replyreply

replyreply
(10-26-2019 )Explosia Wrote:  That’s in between the 3/4 and 1/2 for those in Rio Linda.

Ha ha, I got the reference:)

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I don’t know why my phone always posts sideways. I guess because I took it in portrait
replyreply
(10-26-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  
(10-26-2019 )Explosia Wrote:  That’s in between the 3/4 and 1/2 for those in Rio Linda.

Ha ha, I got the reference:)

I knew somebody on here would. Haha
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Old Driver

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.