ISX CM870 Oil Cooler
10-28-2019, (Subject: ISX CM870 Oil Cooler ) 
ISX CM870 Oil Cooler
Can someone please help me with torque specs for cm870 oil cooler element ? I looked everywhere I could in quickserve and could only find torque specs for the oil cooler housing. I need to know torque for the actual cooler element. It’s just the single element with four mounting bolts. TIA
replyreply
RE: ISX CM870 Oil Cooler
First of all do you have an aluminum element or stainless? Theres a difference in the torque specs and gasket type, Aluminum uses gaskets and Stainless uses Orings.
Aluminum element 177 Inch-pounds
Stainless element 25 Foot-pounds
Locktite 2760 is also recommended for the treads on them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620
Assemble
Single-Element
CAUTION
The single-element oil cooler assembly is for use only on ISX1 and some ISX2 engines. Engine oil overheating can result if used on some ISX2 service ratings, or ISX3, and Signature 600 engines.

Note : When installing aluminum oil cooler elements, use gaskets. When installing stainless oil cooler elements, use o-rings.
Install non-leaking lubricating oil cooler elements onto the lubricating oil filter head with new gaskets/o-rings and capscrews.
Install and tighten the capscrews.
Torque Value:
Aluminum 20 n•m [ 177 in-lb ]
Torque Value:
Stainless 34 n•m [ 25 ft-lb ]
Install the lubricating oil cooler assembly. Refer to Procedure 007-003 in Section 7.
When using an element requiring an o-ring seal, the oil cooler element mounting capscrew holes are exposed to the coolant and may leak. Use a red, chemical resistant, anaerobic thread locker, such as Loctite™ 2760, to seal the threads of the oil cooler element mounting capscrews to prevent potential leaks

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Wiseman
(10-28-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Assemble
Single-Element
CAUTION
The single-element oil cooler assembly is for use only on ISX1 and some ISX2 engines. Engine oil overheating can result if used on some ISX2 service ratings, or ISX3, and Signature 600 engines.

Note : When installing aluminum oil cooler elements, use gaskets. When installing stainless oil cooler elements, use o-rings.
Install non-leaking lubricating oil cooler elements onto the lubricating oil filter head with new gaskets/o-rings and capscrews.
Torque Value:
Torque Value:
Install the lubricating oil cooler assembly. Refer to Procedure 007-003 in Section 7.
When using an element requiring an o-ring seal, the oil cooler element mounting capscrew holes are exposed to the coolant and may leak. Use a red, chemical resistant, anaerobic thread locker, such as Loctite™ 2760, to seal the threads of the oil cooler element mounting capscrews to prevent potential leaks

Where did you find all that info? He said its not on quickserve.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(10-28-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  
(10-28-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Assemble
Single-Element
CAUTION

Torque Value:
Torque Value:

Where did you find all that info? He said its not on quickserve.

I was evidently looking in the wrong place. Thanks for the info
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.