Mirror shake
10-29-2019, (Subject: Mirror shake ) 
Mirror shake
My arms going out to my mirrors have begun to wobble some cant seem to find any articles about fixing them correctly. Any replaceable bushings to replace to fix them? Same mirror setup as a ProStar

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
RE: Mirror shake
On my Prostar the top arm was loose/worn where it slides into the mirror assembly. I slide it out and jammed a piece of a zip tie in while I put the arm back in place, kind of shimmied it. It was solid for a year or so after that, I ended up epoxying them together down the road.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , shoe128
a simple hose clamp at the top slip joint works just fine too. Mine have had a hose clamp on them for years.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , shoe128 , smorgan87
(10-29-2019 )Brock Wrote:  On my Prostar the top arm was loose/worn where it slides into the mirror assembly. I slide it out and jammed a piece of a zip tie in while I put the arm back in place, kind of shimmied it. It was solid for a year or so after that, I ended up epoxying them together down the road.

That's what I have planned for mine as they are starting to get a littleshake a Little.
EPOXY bungies DuckTales. Yum-yum so goood

User's Signature: Just my 2 cents + -
replyreply
02-12-2020, (Subject: Mirror shake ) 
I got tired of janky looking zip ties, so I drilled a small hole through the top of the plastic pieces, and installed a small screw. Invisible repair, and now I can actually see behind me lol!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
02-12-2020, (Subject: Mirror shake ) 
Gorilla tape on mine, lol.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
02-13-2020, (Subject: Mirror shake ) 
(02-12-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Gorilla tape on mine, lol.

Gorilla tape does everything. Even patches holes in my tarps.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
07-20-2020, (Subject: Mirror shake ) 
Replacing my front shocks, and cab air bags fixed mine.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.