Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?)
01-07-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
RE: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?)
Well see if I get lucky or cursed some more, I bought this engine from a wrecking yard as a good runner from a lower mileage unit to put in my truck, it was the only cm871 they had.

Upon inspection, the mechanic found moisture had gotten in one if the liners so they tore it down, rather than give my deposit back as they couldn't sell the motor, they bought a inframe kit and installed it, I'm not sure about the IPD kits for Cummins but I didnt have a say, I didnt even know they were rebuilding it.

Mechanic there said they did not cut the counter bores but he has the ability to if they needed it, he claims it was damn near like new. He says they warranty the engine so if it needed to be done, they would have done it for sure.

Not my ideal build but considering I thought I was gonna buy a used and possibly tired engine, I'll take it.

Maybe I'll have a rebuild thread started soon, who knows. I guess time will tell.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) - Brock - 01-07-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.