Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?)
01-07-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
RE: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?)
Why not pull the head and cut the counter bores now before you go any further? Surely it will be a problem later.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(01-07-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Why not pull the head and cut the counter bores now before you go any further? Surely it will be a problem later.
I never intended to tear this motor down, nor do I want to now, talking with the mechanic I'd like to believe he is being honest. I dont want to tear apart what could be a perfectly good build and waste thousands of dollars just for fun when I could be out in the field in my other unit.

Might bite me in the ars, when I cut corners it usually does.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(01-07-2020 )Brock Wrote:  
(01-07-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Why not pull the head and cut the counter bores now before you go any further? Surely it will be a problem later.
I never intended to tear this motor down, nor do I want to now, talking with the mechanic I'd like to believe he is being honest. I dont want to tear apart what could be a perfectly good build and waste thousands of dollars just for fun when I could be out in the field in my other unit.

You shouldn't need to spend thousands. If it's all new just pull the pistons and liners( I know it's more work than I'm making it sound like)cut the bores and re assemble. All you have to buy is a head gasket and the shims. I understand wanting to get it back together and done but if it were me I would want the peace of mind.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I wish you the best dude! Hopefully you will get more then just 3 weeks out that motor. Lol it can’t be a worse find then the motor I got

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
01-08-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
(01-07-2020 )Brock Wrote:  

If you bought it from a salvage yard used, I'm sure you paid used engine price. If they rebuilt it, I would put it in and run it. Just keep an eye on it and make some money. If it starts to have issues, deal with it then. I know I wouldn't open it up unless there's problems.
Wish you luck with the swap. Had a friend with a 07 9200 with a Cummins. Had engine trouble and didn't have the funds for a inframe. A guy that owned him some money gave him a 99 12.7. A friend put it in, so he has a 07 9200 with a 99 Detroit. He had to fabricate stuff and make motor mounts. ECM and harness from another truck but it runs good. Not much that can't be done if you want to do it.
Found this on truck Paper if you still needed a Vin.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
01-10-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 

Lipe clutch installed and Transmission on motor, shes going into the truck on Monday!!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
01-10-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
(01-10-2020 )Brock Wrote:  Lipe clutch installed and Transmission on motor, shes going into the truck on Monday!!

I’m jealous

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
01-12-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
So I saw the post on FB about this and the narrow-minded, ill-informed "If It'S nOt A cAt It'S a DoG" mentality is still alive and well. Pretty sad and some of them were comical even without the grammatical errors. You do what's right for you and YOUR business. Just sell the SDP to some cat-tard for a stupid amount of money and know you did the right thing.
replyreply
01-12-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
(01-12-2020 )Moose Wrote:  So I saw the post on FB about this and the narrow-minded, ill-informed "If It'S nOt A cAt It'S a DoG" mentality is still alive and well. Pretty sad and some of them were comical even without the grammatical errors. You do what's right for you and YOUR business. Just sell the SDP to some cat-tard for a stupid amount of money and know you did the right thing.

Ha Ha! I'll put my stock CM-871, other than the Rawze tune, up against any stock Cat out there... Very confident in these Cummins motors if done right, and have had my share of big Cats, they ain't touching this 871 of mine.

Good luck Brock, hopefully she holds together for a few years!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.