Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?)
01-15-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
RE: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?)
(01-14-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-12-2020 )389driver Wrote:  
(01-12-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  The X15 performance has throttle response( except for the lag in the program) and instant torque like nothing else i've ever driven. It's quite impressive.

Indeed. They’re a pleasure to drive.

but that is also why they will all have a shortened engine life too.

Oh I agree! It’s very easy to lug these things. They pull strong and very smooth down low and if you don’t pay attention you can find yourself operating at too low RPM for conditions. They certainly won’t “talk” to you like an older engine will.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough
02-25-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 

Quick update, been slow going as I'm not in the biggest hurry to get it done so I told the mechanics just do mine between other jobs.

She is almost ready to fire, just a few wrong parts to swap with proper ones and a bit of wiring and were good.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , Signature620
02-25-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
If you want to keep the Cat chassis filter head but change to a fleetguard filter, the FS1000/FS1003 range will fit it. Just work out which micron rating you prefer and whether or not you want the WIF sensor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Rawze , Old Driver
02-26-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
(02-25-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  If you want to keep the Cat chassis filter head but change to a fleetguard filter, the FS1000/FS1003 range will fit it. Just work out which micron rating you prefer and whether or not you want the WIF sensor.

I've got the fs1000 in its place.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620
03-19-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 

Ok so after taking a break from the Peterbilt (Had our first baby on March 04 so I took a couple weeks off) Its finally ready to get back at it! Well be firing it up tomorrow morning.

If she runs good, well tie up all the wiring and install my Espar and settle any loose ends. I'm getting so excited! This thing better run good!!!

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze , flatbed94kid , Nostalgic
03-19-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
(03-19-2020 )Brock Wrote:  Ok so after taking a break from the Peterbilt (Had our first baby on March 04 so I took a couple weeks off) Its finally ready to get back at it! Well be firing it up tomorrow morning.

If she runs good, well tie up all the wiring and install my Espar and settle any loose ends. I'm getting so excited! This thing better run good!!!

Congratulations on the baby!

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
03-20-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
Yep, congrats on the baby...(March 4th is my B-day too lol), looks like its coming along well. Although I love the MPG of my aero truck, I def envy the room/engine access of a square nosed anything!.....Damn near invites you to tinker lol
replyreply
03-20-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
Congrats on your baby, and keep us posted on what happens. Best of luck to you.
replyreply
03-23-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
https://youtu.be/hCcAmhvzBBY

Initial fire up, after sitting over a year, that radiator sure had some dust built up inside it lol.

And here is a video of it running after a while. Needs a bit of fine tuning and testing but sounds decent.

https://youtu.be/03ZX67BE428

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.