Low turbo speed X15
11-01-2019, (Subject: Low turbo speed X15 ) 
Low turbo speed X15
Got a code for low turbo speed, came and went a couple weeks ago now its here to stay. New engine with only 50K on it I'm thinking its probably just the sensor. Anything else I should check? It's all factory stock
Forgot to mention also has an inactive code for higher than normal turbo compressor outlet temp.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
11-02-2019, (Subject: Low turbo speed X15 ) 
RE: Low turbo speed X15
points to exhaust restrictions.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-02-2019, (Subject: Low turbo speed X15 ) 
Dpf numbers are all around 1.5 what else could be restricted? I guess I'll just start taking the exhaust apart and see what I find lol

replyreply
11-07-2019, (Subject: Low turbo speed X15 ) 
Well, I followed the troubleshooting tree on quickserve and everything checked out ok so I replaced the speed sensor and cleared the codes. So far the codes haven't come back so I'm thinking that was it. Quickserve says that on rare occasions the turbo itself has been known to cause this code. Made me wonder how you could test the turbo? Or would you just have to replace it and hope for the best?

replyreply
02-25-2020, (Subject: Low turbo speed X15 ) 
Well this problem has returned. Quickserve says one of the things that can cause this is " operating the engine at idle or high idle while stationary will not create enough load to maintain boost pressure at 1.19 times ambient pressure for 30 consecutive seconds" Is this saying there is a diagnostic in the program looking for at least 1.19 times ambient pressure and its possible it won't reach that if its idling for 30 seconds or longer while stationary?? This is a log truck with a p.t.o operated log loader, so when you get to where your going to load or unload, you engage the p.t.o. and hit the cruise to bump the rpm up to 1175 so you can run the loader. So that would meet the criteria for high idle while stationary. I'm wondering if this is even a real problem or just something stupid in the program?? Any ideas?

replyreply
just use calterm and turn off the charge flow/turbo speed rationality diagnostics. I doubt there is anything wrong X15's are crazy picky about charge flow etc.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , hhow55
Thanks Uni, I had a feeling it was a BS problem.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.