Before I do something stupid here....
11-03-2019, (Subject: Before I do something stupid here.... ) 
RE: Before I do something stupid here....
(11-02-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  All back together. New pyro thermocouple, and new turbo actuator. Pipes clean.

It’s geeky, I had the turbo actuator testing procedure printed off that Chamberpains posted for me. I torqued the bolts to 12.5 foot pounds and 17 foot pounds respectively. Lots of anti seize. I dunno most guys probably would’ve just tightened them with a ratchet.

Hopefully that fixes my pyro problem, if not I’m guessing it’s the gauge

Nice welds!:)
replyreply
Sometimes taking exhaust pipes apart can open a serious can of worms. I just assumed he didn't have anything behind the turbo (doc,dpf) guess I shouldn't have assumed that.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(11-03-2019 )Camstyn Wrote:  My mantra is, never start an engine wondering what might happen.

That's a good mantra...but unfortunately not always adhearable to.

When you're building a non stock, fully custom built, complete with parts you've made yourself...you just have to. Fortunately, nothing catastrophic has happened to me on initial fire up...however, I blew one up on shakedown run #3. Oh well, I got a little over 1000' of power out of it:waaaht:

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(11-03-2019 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(11-03-2019 )Camstyn Wrote:  My mantra is, never start an engine wondering what might happen.

That's a good mantra...but unfortunately not always adhearable to.

When you're building a non stock, fully custom built, complete with parts you've made yourself...you just have to. Fortunately, nothing catastrophic has happened to me on initial fire up...however, I blew one up on shakedown run #3. Oh well, I got a little over 1000' of power out of it:waaaht:

What kind of engine are you referring to hammer?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(11-03-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  What kind of engine are you referring to hammer?

That was a dragster motor.
We tried to achieve nearly 350hp out of a naturally aspirated 154cid v-twin Harley motor:waaaht:
Don't try this at home...unless you have your own machine shop.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , tree98
I am with Chamberpains on this, pull it apart and clean out the shavings. Why worry, or wonder. It “should” be ok if you don’t, but it “will” be ok if you do!!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.