1938 code
11-03-2019, (Subject: 1938 code ) 
1938 code
I keep getting this code. It seems like it throws it when cold. I’m thinking it’s the actuator. I checked wiring seems ok. One thing I noticed is the def system is initializing when the code is thrown. Why would I have a def system initializing when it’s Demandated. The truck is a 2250 with 100k on the actuator. Anyone see this code when a actuator started acting up.
replyreply
RE: 1938 code
you have a harness issue, a power issue to the ECM, a bad actuator, or a bad ECM.

Not sure about the status depends what your looking at to confirm that status. If it truly is going to SCR warmup you would be able to see it on the CHI modes. A demandated engine should do nothing but stay in CHI4.
replyreply
(11-03-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  you have a harness issue, a power issue to the ECM, a bad actuator, or a bad ECM.

Not sure about the status depends what your looking at to confirm that status. If it truly is going to SCR warmup you would be able to see it on the CHI modes. A demandated engine should do nothing but stay in CHI4.
I think it’s this same harness issue that I can’t find. I can’t figure out where the power supply is to the computer. Freaking Volvo has its wires All buried up in a crap place by the starter can’t hardly even see anything.
replyreply
11-08-2019, (Subject: 1938 code ) 
Update. Put a new actuator on and it fixed it. No codes. Even fixed the other wired 6263 code I kept getting.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , 2dlb

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.