870 broken exhaust manifold bolt
11-06-2019, (Subject: 870 broken exhaust manifold bolt ) 
RE: 870 broken exhaust manifold bolt
(11-06-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  I would have bought it if I snapped off a bunch of the bolts. Since I had just one to get out I decided against it. Truth be told I wish I would have just bought it. Good tools are expensive, that's just the reality.

Agreed.
Is Snap On for everyone? (Just an example)
No, but then again a buddy was in the middle of a brake job and broke a cheap 21 mm socket. My first question was who only owns one 21 mm socket
But then again I’ve witnessed a welded up 1-1/8” socket being used on axle flange nuts

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
11-07-2019, (Subject: 870 broken exhaust manifold bolt ) 
RE: 870 broken exhaust manifold bolt
(11-06-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  
(11-06-2019 )Pete1990 Wrote:  
(11-01-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  What you guys think about this thing?

https://www.brokenbolt.com/cummins-isx-b...t-demo.php

Its specifically for broken isx exhaust manifold bolts. I talked to the guy that makes them, he said it takes 8 minutes to drill a broken bolt out with this thing. He guarantees it to work, it's not cheap but either is a new head if you screw it up.

I Have this tool at the house. Paid the almost $800 for it and it worked like a charm. Set the drill bit stop so u don't drill to far and put a coil in the hole and ur done.

I would have bought it if I snapped off a bunch of the bolts. Since I had just one to get out I decided against it. Truth be told I wish I would have just bought it. Good tools are expensive, that's just the reality.

I Bought it for 1 bolt. After i did that job in my driveway i told myself never again. Did it in the winter when it was 0 outside Lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.