Rear structure leak
11-19-2019, (Subject: Rear structure leak ) 
Rear structure leak
Ok next problem
I FOUND MY OIL LEAK
it appears to be the rear structure but for the life of me how do you get the dog house out of a prostar without a stick of dynamite..... anyway I got it back enough to get my camera in here is a video of the back of the engine below the egr cooler at the bel housing

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Rear structure leak
Ok here is a video of the engine on the back of the head ware the bell housing bolts to the block
I guess I can't post a video
replyreply
To replace the rear structure gasket, the tranny has to come out. - Has nothing to do with the dog-house of the truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Looks bone dry to me

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Your not looking into the big black void under the bone dry part there tree98. That's where the top of the flyweight starts. He's clean from the bottom of the head up. Below is a different story.
replyreply
(11-19-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Your not looking into the big black void under the bone dry part there tree98. That's where the top of the flyweight starts. He's clean from the bottom of the head up. Below is a different story.

Can't see below the head very much, it's definitely black but could just be darkness lol. Well regardless something must be leaking back there if he's posting about it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
If you pull that rear structure to fix, may as well replace the clutch and the other stuff in there... You don't want to have to do this twice. Many owners replace their clutch, and do not replace the seal in that rear structure, as it is dry and working when they install the new clutch... I would say that 99 out of 100 guys that do that, wind up tearing that transmission and new clutch out to replace that rear structure gasket as the disturbance of removing the transmission and re-installing is all it takes to get that gasket leaking. So, unless the clutch is recent, just replace the clutch when you are in there, and anything else you find. The rear structure is around a $2500 job, throw in a few more bucks for a clutch and call it a day.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.