Front axle weight?
11-05-2019, (Subject: Front axle weight? ) 
RE: Front axle weight?
Werner would have had it setup for van trailers.

The rails he is referring to are the ones the fifth wheel slider bolts to.

Do you have a picture of your fifth wheel setup?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
11-05-2019, (Subject: Front axle weight? ) 
With that stretch it was prob werners flatbed fleet
Trailer looks to be in the right spot can't tell where the pin is on the trailer do you have a headache rack with a bunch of gear in it? That weight is sitting on the steer tires if so. I don't have a headache rack all my gears on my trailer.

Headache rack - 150-250lbs or more I would guess
Gear - chains/straps/odds ends/dunnage 500-600lbs maybe
Items including yourself and any others inside the cab
Maybe have an Apu also on passenger side?

and Walla that's why your steers are out of wack I would guess if your 5th wheel is dead center of axles or further yet back.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
11-06-2019, (Subject: Front axle weight? ) 
I looked at my scale ticket today, full tanks, bobtail, 13,002 on the steers... H Michelins tires... I guess I am heavy... But, I am still hauling less than 20,000 pounds, average around 10,000 pounds and less... No issues in IL, IN and MI... And I am not using my lift axle. Rip the skirts off and move the fuel tanks back... Those skirts are a PIA, you will be removing them soon anyways, do it now and be rid of them, trust me on that. This is before the Herd Defender bumper, it looks cool as hell... The truck, she is mean for a ProStar, LOL! 600 hp and an 18 speed... ;-)

And invest in a Right Weigh scale.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDlighttruck
(11-06-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I looked at my scale ticket today, full tanks, bobtail, 13,002 on the steers... H Michelins tires... I guess I am heavy... But, I am still hauling less than 20,000 pounds, average around 10,000 pounds and less... No issues in IL, IN and MI... And I am not using my lift axle. Rip the skirts off and move the fuel tanks back... Those skirts are a PIA, you will be removing them soon anyways, do it now and be rid of them, trust me on that. This is before the Herd Defender bumper, it looks cool as hell... The truck, she is mean for a ProStar, LOL! 600 hp and an 18 speed... ;-)

And invest in a Right Weigh scale.

I like it. That’s a clean looking truck

I’m usually 11,500 on the steers, I have the opposite problem of trying to get more weight up there

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Pd6cas2
I've never liked set forward tanks. It seems like they always make steers heavy.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
11-07-2019, (Subject: Front axle weight? ) 
I heard you can have 20k on steers

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
If you have 20k axle with tires you see on cement trucks

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(11-07-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  I heard you can have 20k on steers

OMG! Please stop!
If you are going to post something, please understand what you are saying. If you hear something and don't understand it, ask questions until you do.
If I asked you to explain this, you probably couldn't. You are correct, but you're also wrong. Now I'm going to confuse the crap out of you...however, I can and will explain it.
You can be 40,000 lbs on the steers, and be legal!

WTF?!
How is that possible?
Simple, a tandem steer truck with 20k lb axles.
./uploads/201911/post_2077_1573128501_04d698a6ad5dcab373fc49de174cc003.jpeg
Now, can anyone be 40k on the steers? No, obviously not. You have to have a truck set up PROPERLY for it.

Can someone go 20k on a single steering axle? Yes. As long as the truck is equipped with a 20k front axle, AND has the appropriate size and weight rated tires

Can you? No. I know this because you have posted pictures of your truck.

Can I go 20k on the front end? I'm actually asking, to make you think, I have posted pics of my truck on the forum.
(The front end what we call a steering axle in the HH world, because sometimes its more than one)

The answer is "No, I cannot." I have a 16k front end, with 385R65/22.5 steering tires. 385's are not rated for 20k.
I am damn near 15k on the front end bobtail, and it's perfectly legal.
A single steering axle, is a single axle. Subject to single axle rules. Single 11R (or equivalent) tires on one axle are limited to 12k lbs, even if it's on a trailers. Just because it's on a steering axle doesn't make special rules for it, it's just an axle.
Now, just because I can legally be 16k on the front end doesn't mean I can legally gross 84k!
Why? Because interstate legal GVW is still only 80k. I just have a little axle tolerance room, just like you do with your 10' spread axle. The total of your legal axle weights is 86k, but unless you're registered for that, and are in a jurisdiction that allows it, you are also limited to...you got it 80k.

That's how you say something with confidence. Obviously, I understand the subject, and I can also explain it.
It's not regurgitated verbal diarrhea that I don't understand.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Chamberpains
(11-07-2019 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(11-07-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  I heard you can have 20k on steers

OMG! Please stop!
If you are going to post something, please understand what you are saying. If you hear something and don't understand it, ask questions until you do.
If I asked you to explain this, you probably couldn't. You are correct, but you're also wrong. Now I'm going to confuse the crap out of you...however, I can and will explain it.
You can be 40,000 lbs on the steers, and be legal!

WTF?!
How is that possible?
Simple, a tandem steer truck with 20k lb axles.

Now, can anyone be 40k on the steers? No, obviously not. You have to have a truck set up PROPERLY for it.

Can someone go 20k on a single steering axle? Yes. As long as the truck is equipped with a 20k front axle, AND has the appropriate size and weight rated tires

Can you? No. I know this because you have posted pictures of your truck.

Can I go 20k on the front end? I'm actually asking, to make you think, I have posted pics of my truck on the forum.
(The front end what we call a steering axle in the HH world, because sometimes its more than one)

The answer is "No, I cannot." I have a 16k front end, with 385R65/22.5 steering tires. 385's are not rated for 20k.
I am damn near 15k on the front end bobtail, and it's perfectly legal.
A single steering axle, is a single axle. Subject to single axle rules. Single 11R (or equivalent) tires on one axle are limited to 12k lbs, even if it's on a trailers. Just because it's on a steering axle doesn't make special rules for it, it's just an axle.
Now, just because I can legally be 16k on the front end doesn't mean I can legally gross 84k!
Why? Because interstate legal GVW is still only 80k. I just have a little axle tolerance room, just like you do with your 10' spread axle. The total of your legal axle weights is 86k, but unless you're registered for that, and are in a jurisdiction that allows it, you are also limited to...you got it 80k.

That's how you say something with confidence. Obviously, I understand the subject, and I can also explain it.
It's not regurgitated verbal diarrhea that I don't understand.
You didn’t get into cab cards

Which muddies the waters

If the state or province let’s you up the gross legally allowed then you can be more than 80,000 legally without permits

Not arguing or disagreeing

It’s frustrating talking to people that don’t understand that 12/34/40 still can’t add up to more than 80....

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.