Front axle weight?
11-19-2019, (Subject: Front axle weight? ) 
RE: Front axle weight?
I just called Saginaw Spring this morning, I think they can fix me up by adding a leaf to each of my springs and get her up to 14,000. I have the lift axle, using that today, but still slightly over up front... And yes, I run 16 ply Michelins, have from day one.
replyreply
11-19-2019, (Subject: Front axle weight? ) 
(11-19-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  i dont see a scam i see a DOT officer who found what he likes to pick on and he is right in doing so if the weight is there you need the properly rated tires to handle it. same reason most companie fleese's control your maintenance account for the most part and ive heard so many people bitch that they force them to use 16ply tires when they want to put on 14 ply or whatever because their cheaper. the only thing i wish the DOT would do more is go into the cities with all these local delivery trucks for places like lowes/menards/homeless despot and all others and DOT them. i swear almost every lowes ive delivered at that had one of their trucks by the building had drag radials for tires. ive even talked to some of the drivers that say the trucks wander all over the road at highway speed because the front ends are shot and the company will only replace parts and have stuff fixed when they are forced to.

Having fixed scale locations is dumb

It doesn’t take much trip planning to avoid them

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
11-20-2019, (Subject: Front axle weight? ) 
Would just sliding tanks back without moving tank straps even make a difference? Wouldn't the weight be on the same anchor point? I would think you would have to move the straps and all.... Unless it would leverage it on the back strap maybe?
replyreply
i doubt much maybe 100-200 lbs possibly. dont get how a prostar can be so heavy i have a lonestar which is same thing and my front with a ballen cattle gaurd is only 12.7 with 240 gal forward tanks, more frame up front, more stretch, apu. granted all my flatbed gear is on my trailer in my boxes but yeesh.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(11-20-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  i doubt much maybe 100-200 lbs possibly. dont get how a prostar can be so heavy i have a lonestar which is same thing and my front with a ballen cattle gaurd is only 12.7 with 240 gal forward tanks, more frame up front, more stretch, apu. granted all my flatbed gear is on my trailer in my boxes but yeesh.
I know my headache rack with all the chains and binders adds a lot of weight. My front end got heavier when I changed the front springs and lowered it. It's also heavier because it's stretched. We cut it up about five years ago and added 5'6" of frame from a wrecked 9400. But, are all Prostars the same. It seems that some of the ones I see have a shorter hood than mine.
replyreply
idk if there is a model like freightliner where you have a 125 and a 112 or whatever the 125 is a normal looking freightliner where the 112 is that ugly snub nose thing that you wonder where the hell did they stick the engine and cooling package.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
11-21-2019, (Subject: Front axle weight? ) 
(11-20-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  idk if there is a model like freightliner where you have a 125 and a 112 or whatever the 125 is a normal looking freightliner where the 112 is that ugly snub nose thing that you wonder where the hell did they stick the engine and cooling package.

Hahaha it's in the cab. That's the best place to put it. I can't imagine working on one of those.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.