Davco filter upgrade
11-20-2019, (Subject: Davco filter upgrade ) 
RE: Davco filter upgrade

Dug out this pic from a couple months ago. No idea what’s going on here. Pulled over later in the day and it was back to “normal”

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
(11-20-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  Dug out this pic from a couple months ago. No idea what’s going on here. Pulled over later in the day and it was back to “normal”

I am going to take a guess here, that is a crap filter, I have had the same happen to me with one of the no name Davco filters, now, only Fleet Guard. No issues since. Speedco installs these, I now bring my own.
replyreply
(11-17-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  I thought bio diesel was a cleaner? If you fuel tank was dirty bio diesel would act as a cleaner and release all that crud into your fuel system?

I would think you could drain and remove tanks from truck and have them steamed cleaned. Tank trailer washout place should be able to do it without any trouble. They wash out all kinds of chemicals and sticky stuff.

Bio is water, I know this from simply listening to the news. They complained about us with our Fracking in the oil fields of ND and MT... Meanwhile, down in IA... The Bio Fuel outfits were lowering the water table in real numbers to turn food into fuel... We didn't even put a dent in things when everything was considered up North.

Stay away from Bio, Flying J and Pilot use this crap, when you see the water truck up against the side of the store, run. Yes, a water truck, that is what they deliver that garbage in. I learnt my lesson. Water has no business in my fuel.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rockhwy
11-21-2019, (Subject: Davco filter upgrade ) 
(11-20-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(11-20-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  Dug out this pic from a couple months ago. No idea what’s going on here. Pulled over later in the day and it was back to “normal”

I am going to take a guess here, that is a crap filter, I have had the same happen to me with one of the no name Davco filters, now, only Fleet Guard. No issues since. Speedco installs these, I now bring my own.

I've never met a bad Donaldson filter.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.