Def rellated
11-08-2019, (Subject: Def rellated ) 
Def rellated
Hello everyone new to the forum. I am currently having a problem with my cummins isx 450. Its currently at pete store. My problem is it wont get to 1000 degrees to full regen. It only goes to 840degrees. They have tried to force regen it and it wont complete it. They have replaced the dpf doser, decomp tube, and def filter. They also checked for a bad turbo and the 7th injector they both ok. Now they say they gonna send dpf filters and doc out to be checked and cleaned on Monday. Is there anything else that can not make it not regen properly? Thanks nate
replyreply
11-08-2019, (Subject: Def rellated ) 
RE: Def rellated
So did they replace the 7th injector because if not and you're well over 300k miles you probably should along with the sensors mentioned in the EGR Tuneup before the stealership screws you raw..

replyreply
11-09-2019, (Subject: Def rellated ) 
(11-08-2019 )marek4792 Wrote:  So did they replace the 7th injector because if not and you're well over 300k miles you probably should along with the sensors mentioned in the EGR Tuneup before the stealership screws you raw..

So with my situation u thimk it may be the problem but they cleaned it. I inittialy got code 2754 when i cycled the key
replyreply
(11-08-2019 )Nhramember Wrote:  ..
Its currently at pete store.
...They have replaced the

and...

(11-09-2019 )Nhramember Wrote:  ... u thimk it may be the problem but they cleaned it ??

YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT YOU TOOK IT TO THE STEALER$shi#t@~!~!!!!!!!!! --- THE MORON CROOKS THAT GET $150+ AN HOUR TO SELL YOU THE MOST EXCPENSIVE PARTS THEY CAN THROW AT IT AND RIP YOU OFF!!!!

------- NO!!!!!!! ---- THEY LIKELY DID NOT CLEAN A DAMN THING!!!!! --- THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY GET PAID TO DO -- NOR GIVE A S$HIT ABOUT -- NOT ONE DAMN BIT AND WILL LIKELY ARGUE WITH YOU IF YOU EVEN SUGGEST THEY TAKE APART YOUR EGR SYSTEM AND CLEAN IT ALL OUT PROPERLY !!!!

DPF AND EMISSIONS CANS DO NOT MAKE SOOT!!!!--- THEY ARE FILTERS!!!! --- IF THEY ARE GETTING CLOGGED UP ABNORMALLY, THE ENGINE IS THE GADDAMN PROBLEM!!!!

--- YOU OWN THAT TRUCK----YOU LEARN TO GRAB A GADDAMN WRENCH AND WORK ON IT --- THAT OR GO OUT OF BUSINESS GIVING YOUR MONEY AWAY TO THE DAMN OEM REPAIR SHOPS ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!

--- RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FORM THOSE OEM NETWORK OF USELESS CROOKS AND LEARN TO BECOME SELF SUFFICIENT + INVEST IN THE TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO KEEP IT GOING YOURSELF, -- THAT OR GO BACK TO BEING A COMPANY DRIVER STEERING-WHEEL HOLDER!!! -- SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Watch Rawze's videos, the motor you have is not much different than the CM-871 Rawze made the EGR Tuneup video on. Find your engine serial number, go to http://www.quickserve.com and register your motor, it is free. Get on the quick serve sight after registering and study your motor. They have the engine manual, the parts lists, including sensors, how to repair, how to diagnose, what tools you will need to diagnose, etc. It is a Chilton's shop manual on steroids. Study it.

Then be prepared to get your hands dirty, basic hand tools will get you through an EGR tuneup. Replace the sensors, use carb cleaner to clean out any soot filled passages, etc.

I would also run the overhead. You only have one camshaft in there, it is pretty easy to do with a couple of torque wrenches and feeler gauges. I just ran mine the other day. You can find everything you need at auto zone and Tractor Supply. If you do not have a torque wrench, Tractor Supply or most Farm and Fleet stores sell the Tekton brand torque wrenches, they are inexpensive and pretty darn accurate out of the box by all reports, that is what both myself and Rawze use, without issue. The feeler gauges, they have a nice set at Auto Zone, they are graduated, and have the two main gauges we need. 19 mm crows foot is needed too... Then some wrenches, ratchet and sockets. Easy to do, watch the video and print off the instructions found on Quickserve.

You will need one of these to bar the motor, this is the one I use, there are cheaper and other alternatives out there, https://amzn.to/2NVdTi7

You need the short extension to get to the gear at the front side of the compressor, this is the set I bought...
https://amzn.to/2K4uAqf

You will need these if you plan on keeping this truck, just pull the trigger and get it over with...

You are now a mechanic, because you are going to quickly find out that the dealers do not repair our trucks, they throw expensive parts at them and empty our wallets. Many of us have been there, that is why we are here, myself included.

You will need an Inline 6 reader and a laptop too, we do not leave home without ours.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.