No injector adjustment???
11-10-2019, (Subject: No injector adjustment??? ) 
RE: No injector adjustment???
Write down each injector code and verify with Insite no one was messing with ECM.
replyreply
11-11-2019, (Subject: No injector adjustment??? ) 
(11-10-2019 )Brock Wrote:  I played the gear lube game for a bit..... until I wanted to start my truck in -40c in January!

Hammerhead mentioned some guys resorting to draining their oil when shutting down at those arctic temps, keeping oil inside where it is warm .. pouring the warm oil back into engine when needing to crank it up again in that type of cold.

I thought that was interesting as an alternative to a block or oil pan heater of some sort when in a pinch.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
(11-11-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-10-2019 )Brock Wrote:  I played the gear lube game for a bit..... until I wanted to start my truck in -40c in January!

Hammerhead mentioned some guys resorting to draining their oil when shutting down at those arctic temps, keeping oil inside where it is warm .. pouring the warm oil back into engine when needing to crank it up again in that type of cold.

I thought that was interesting as an alternative to a block or oil pan heater of some sort when in a pinch.

Wow, that's something to look forward to when you wake up!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(11-11-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Wow, that's something to look forward to when you wake up!

I was sort of thinking the same thing, but then again,.. if the need becomes desperate enough, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I've got espars on my truck but they usually dont work very well below -25c or so. Normally if it gets that cold I will leave the truck run but guys take days off, go on vacations and such and dont wanna leave a truck running while they are gone.

This year I am running 0w40 oil and trying out some fuel additives, I dont usually run fuel additives but I have a theory that the espars tiny little fuel lines are gelling the fuel which is why they wont fire when that cold.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(11-11-2019 )Brock Wrote:  I've got espars on my truck but they usually dont work very well below -25c or so. Normally if it gets that cold I will leave the truck run but guys take days off, go on vacations and such and dont wanna leave a truck running while they are gone.

This year I am running 0w40 oil and trying out some fuel additives, I dont usually run fuel additives but I have a theory that the espars tiny little fuel lines are gelling the fuel which is why they wont fire when that cold.

They do jell, those little fuel lines. What we did in North Dakota was install a separate fuel tank to run the Espar units, filled with #1, that solved the jell problem.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , DosGatos , DSTdriver , 2dlb
(11-11-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(11-11-2019 )Brock Wrote:  I've got espars on my truck but they usually dont work very well below -25c or so. Normally if it gets that cold I will leave the truck run but guys take days off, go on vacations and such and dont wanna leave a truck running while they are gone.

They do jell, those little fuel lines. What we did in North Dakota was install a separate fuel tank to run the Espar units, filled with #1, that solved the jell problem.

Yeah even with the heavily anti gel diesel weve got in Alberta, its still a issue for such thin fuel lines....

I was told before that these heaters were actually designed to run on Kerosene so I should actually run a Kerosene cycle every now and then to clean it out so what your saying about running #1 fuel makes sense.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
11-12-2019, (Subject: No injector adjustment??? ) 
(11-11-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  Hammerhead mentioned some guys resorting to draining their oil when shutting down at those arctic temps, keeping oil inside where it is warm .. pouring the warm oil back into engine when needing to crank it up again in that type of cold.

I'm pretty sure we were drinking beer when I told you about this...
It's actually an old bush pilot radial engine trick. The engines are air cooled, and they drain the oil while it's warm into a steel pail when they land and keep it warm in the cabin by the fire overnight. Dump it back in warm in the morning so the engine will start.
If I was leaving a big truck outside for an extended period of days in the winter, I would, wait one year while I didn't have a shop, I did this. When it was time to fire up I ran the webasto to heat the coolant, dumped warm oil in, and she fired like nothing!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo
11-12-2019, (Subject: No injector adjustment??? ) 
20 years back in Siberia every driver was using blowtorch with J shaped 3 -5 feet long pipe with deflector on short end. Install it under oil pan and oil is warm. Then move it under fuel tank where pick up tube for short time.
Gasoline only will work in extreme low temperature. Propane will freeze itself to the no vapor pressure point.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.