Fuel tank sending unit
11-10-2019, (Subject: Fuel tank sending unit ) 
Fuel tank sending unit
2010 prostar day cab....can you change sending unit without rotating/removing fuel tank? Looks like sending unit wont clear underside of cab...
replyreply
RE: Fuel tank sending unit
Sometime you can get away with jacking the cab up a bit.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Changed mine out, it had enough flex to easily install.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
(11-10-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Changed mine out, it had enough flex to easily install.
Me too! New one went in easy, but I wasn't careful removing the old one and part of it dropped into the tank.
replyreply
11-15-2019, (Subject: Fuel tank sending unit ) 
My truck is 12140 on steers bobtail. I have tripac, disc brakes, fifth wheel all the way back, 2x 100 gallon fuel tanks. Would an adjustment with rear suspension level valve correct this? It appears my truck has a rake forward. Making fuel move towards front steers?
replyreply
there should be some rake but not excessive i beleive rawze states in a video the frame should be almost as high as the drive tires.

he states is somewhere in this 4 part series dun remember which part.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Adjusting the air ride could change drive line angles and give you unwanted vibrations.

If your 5th wheel is all the way back, it should be centered on the rear axles. Therefore adding a trailer shouldn't change steer weight. What's wrong with 12140?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
12,000 is usually all that is allowed on most front axles when you get scaled.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
11-16-2019, (Subject: Fuel tank sending unit ) 
on federal highways and interstates you can have up to 20k on the steers if the axle and tires are rated for it. State highways are set by the state and can vary but I think Louisiana is the only one that has a max of 12k on state roads, all others are 12,500 or better.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.