Texas Local Work Opportunity .. Thoughts
11-16-2019, (Subject: Texas Local Work Opportunity .. Thoughts ) 
RE: Texas Local Work Opportunity .. Thoughts
also texas - no income tax and probably lower business taxes but you will have to make sure to relocate your LLC or INC there or i think youll still be smoked in cali

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Hows the property tax in TX?
replyreply
Mine are 2.28 per $100 valuation with homestead exemption. When I turn 65 I will receive 20% exemption off property valuation.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(11-16-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Mine are 2.28 per $100 valuation with homestead exemption. When I turn 65 I will receive 20% exemption off property valuation.
Is this close to a bigger city? With that number and that figuring, it would crush most of us old farm families in PA that aren't farming any more. We have rising property values. But if you're not interested in ever selling this would run a family right off the land. Property tax should be unconstitutional. All it is, is renting land from uncle sam.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(11-16-2019 )JHNDZ Wrote:  
(11-12-2019 )Rilloroc Wrote:  I can't speak for everything because my experience is limited. Im Texas only. There is plenty of freight to move around here. Housing costs are going to be about a quarter of what they are in Cali. Your fuel and insurance costs are gonna be probably half. I rarely pay more than 2.60 per gallon. You can easily be home every day and if you run Texas logs you can really pack some miles in. Freight rates coming out of DFW look a lot less than those going in on the load boards because around here the boards are mostly only utilized by brokers and brokers only get the leftover loads the carriers couldn't cover. If your running your own authority, the carriers will let you grab loads from them in exchange for a 2% cut of the base rate. You can easily gross over 1k a day any day of the week after that 2%. I've never had a day I couldn't get a load. I run meat, beer, or groceries between Amarillo, DFW, El Paso, and Laredo myself. You can gross that just moving freight around DFW alone if you don't mind sitting in traffic.

Hey thanks for your reply. Im sure traffic cant be any worse than it is here. Im planning on taking a drive out there this yr to check out the town. I wouldnt mind paying the 2% as long as I can keep the truck running and be close to home.
What city do you recommend ?

Back in 1987, I lived in Desoto and liked it very much. I can also recommend Lancaster and Red Oak, Cedar Hill, Waxahachie, Midlothian. Just gotta get out and explore. You will find property valuation more reasonable, and better schools than in dallas. By all means avoid the Oak Cliff area.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I was pipeline hauling. Its feast and famine. One week ur ready buy that fancy new super duty and a nice rifle and the next u get unemployed and cancel any ideas u had about that rifle. I just deadheaded 600 miles home to MO because i refuse to haul shi#t for free. Gas grass or ass dont cut it in truckin. As far as a relocating and staying local theres a good bit of forestry in East TX. If u make a few phone calls u can prolly find a steady lumber haul on a skateboard. Just eat ur wheaties cause its rainy season and ur prolly gonna tarp ever single load.
replyreply
(11-16-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(11-16-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Mine are 2.28 per $100 valuation with homestead exemption. When I turn 65 I will receive 20% exemption off property valuation.
Is this close to a bigger city? With that number and that figuring, it would crush most of us old farm families in PA that aren't farming any more. We have rising property values. But if you're not interested in ever selling this would run a family right off the land. Property tax should be unconstitutional. All it is, is renting land from uncle sam.
Yes, I live within the city limit.
Here's some info in regard's to our farmers and ranchers.

A Texas Ag exemption, as it is usually called, is a way for landowners to save a SIGNIFICANT amount on property taxes. The Texas agriculture exemption allows for a decrease in the amount of property taxes a landowner will be required to pay every year. Though most people refer to this type of exemption as an agriculture exemption, there are actually two types of rural land appraisals that qualify property for this type of exemption. In addition to the Agricultural Use appraisal, there is also the “Open Space” land appraisal.
The Agriculture appraisal method is intended for individuals whose primary occupation and income come from some form of agriculture. This exemption is intended to help legitimate farmers and ranchers in Texas. The agriculture exemption must be reapplied for every year to the county appraiser.
But, if you aren’t a full-time farmer or rancher, you can still get the exemption.

replyreply
11-17-2019, (Subject: Texas Local Work Opportunity .. Thoughts ) 
./uploads/201911/post_856_1573966126_acb8913c2b9fa7d52fba12f70ec78699.jpg

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Chamberpains , Shotgun74

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.