Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN.
11-12-2019, (Subject: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN. ) 
Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN.
05 cm870, So i changed out the diaphragm on the IFSM this last summer or several months ago.

Well i was giving the truck a once over and i found that the IFSM is leaking fuel... what would make the diaphragm go out so quick? i followed and went threw with the replacement to the T and again.... i am wondering if there is something idk thats making it leak or something else i need to look for that i don't see or know.

Thanks folks!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
RE: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN.
Cold weather temps and different fuel additives could be your cause , I’ve seen My 02 Cm570 not leak thru the Gear fuel pump but wet or moisture from the mating gasket to the IFSM , off and on!
I know Cummins sells a IFSM Rebuild kit , or maybe Your IFSM has a crack!
replyreply
(11-12-2019 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  Cold weather temps and different fuel additives could be your cause , I’ve seen My 02 Cm570 not leak thru the Gear fuel pump but wet or moisture from the mating gasket to the IFSM , off and on!
I know Cummins sells a IFSM Rebuild kit , or maybe Your IFSM has a crack!

Well i hope it doesnt have a crack on it other wise that would suck donkey ass....

I'm leaning towards the idea of HSS causing the diaphragm to leak.... ill have to take the IFSM off ether today or tomorrow to have a better inspection done.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Diaphragm? Dumper diaphragm?
Bad check valve, bad actuator, bad injector or all the above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WeiDC6S8Lw
replyreply
11-13-2019, (Subject: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN. ) 
(11-12-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  I'm leaning towards the idea of HSS

What is an HSS?
replyreply
(11-13-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(11-12-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  I'm leaning towards the idea of HSS

What is an HSS?

Hot shot secret, i havent had any issues with it or seen any issues. in all honesty, its damn good additive.

replyreply
So i was digging around on quickserve and getting familiarized with the IFSM a better.

I've found two thing that ive got question about.

1. temperature sensor behind the dampener or under it. Could this lil bugger be the cause of my " over heating issue" like some times after a good hard pull up a decent hill. the in dash gauge will tell me its HOT! but when i pull over shortly after and give it 15-20 minutes to cool down. and reset the truck on and off, it guage shows normal readings. Would this sensor have anything to do with in dash gauge of the truck, this is for a vnl670 volvo.

2. I noticed there is a filter that might or might not be in the IFSM. I have never noticed it before because its hidden inside the pump.... could this be the reason why my gear pump and lift pump went out prematurely?. quick serve says its a 300 micron filter. I wish i knew about it earlier other wise i would replaced it anyways when i replaced the dampeners a while back.

thanks again guys!

also ive attached pictures for frame of reference and a pdf file on it.
Engine serial number 79139585.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201911/post_3477_1573688751_9921cde1f49f34737370d86378feca09.png./uploads/201911/post_3477_1573688765_f84dac40a3f7a70f46029831287e7fbc.png

.pdf  cm870Prefuelfilter.pdf (Size: 889.66 KB / Downloads: 0)

replyreply
It would be #35 by the way.

replyreply
11-14-2019, (Subject: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN. ) 
There are many causes, but a faulty thermostat or improperly installed thermostat seal can explain your overheating issue. If the thermostat is catching the seal it can hang up or be slow at opening fully or operating correctly.

That temp sensor your referring to is fuel temp not coolant temp. I'm fairly certain Volvo dash's don't have any way to monitor that sensor. If your wondering if the fuel or coolant sensor is operating or reading correctly, get out your Insite set up and monitor those sensors while operating the truck. If you still don't Insite, shame on you... If you do and your not using it, shame on you...

As far as that filter your referring to, that is only on a CM570. I'm not sure what section you found the breakdown for that under your ESN. But you can see on the IFSM breakdown it's not there. If you had a CM570 ESN it would be there and it would've been #25
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.