Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN.
11-15-2019, (Subject: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN. ) 
RE: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN.
(11-15-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-14-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  So i was going to change the themorstate today but until i realized how much more work there is... lol i saw that the ac compressor is blocking one of the long bolts to the thermostat housing... would i have to take all the belts of and the ac compressor to be able to take of the housing? or can i just pull the ac compressor of a little bit? cuz i would really hate to recharge the system right after i already did it.

I have helped many people do them.

It is very easy to remove thermostat.

You do need to remove A/C belt and unbolt, but do not have to break any A/C lines free, or loose refrigerant.

I find it is helpful to place a short piece of 2x4 on top of the alternator to rest the A/C compressor onto while it is loose. It gives enough room to slide it around and get to the one bolt behind it.

The most difficult part of the thermostat is that brass ring in the bottom of the housing. It needs to be replaced too...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid22553

I'm waiting on a price quote for this thermo seal driver mandrel 3824716 from trp.

I'm afraid if i use a socket to tap it in, i will some how damage the damn seal. the last time i did this, i fucked it up and had to go buy another seal.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN. - Evotrucker - 11-15-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.