DPF Fuel Injector1 No Response msg on dash
06-18-2016, (Subject: DPF Fuel Injector1 No Response msg on dash ) 
DPF Fuel Injector1 No Response msg on dash
Hello, I have a 2009 Pete 387 with isx cumming, and I have the above mentioned error msg on the dash, as well as a loud rush of air sound on the passenger side of engine that seems to be coming from the section of exhaust that the doser injector mounts through. I had noticed a bit of puffs of white exhaust as I would come off the highway and slow down, and also when doing a parked Regen. They were coming from the two ends of this section of pipe, just every once and a while. Now I have had to idle for a couple days due to apu problems, and this has developed, I feel very hot air rushing out of these leak spots, and need help diagnosing this please. Thank you for any ideas.
replyreply
06-19-2016, (Subject: DPF Fuel Injector1 No Response msg on dash ) 
RE: DPF Fuel Injector1 No Response msg on dash
sounds to mo like your flex pipe has burned holes in it. I have a friend who has to replace his every 200k miles.
replyreply
OK, I understand that and will look into it , but if that were the problem, would I have trouble building air pressure while sitting and idling, or does that indicate that I have a hole in an airline somewhere near this same area?? , have tackled many problems and solved them over the last year since buying this used truck, but this is a bit of a different situation for me, I am fairly new to the dpf stuff.it's just odd to me that I hear such a steady loud hiss sound. Thanks again.
replyreply
Exhaust leaks will keep it from properly regening.
You may have a few bad gaskets before or after the doser.

Replacing the doser and gaskets on each joint is money well spent if you want to keep it working at it's best.

Slow building air is a separate issue. I just replaced the airbags on the sleeper yesterday.

Check your airbags at the bottom for dry rot, very easy to overlook and a common source of leaks.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
The injector no response message could be a broken or burnt wire harness on the dosing injector itself so i would inspect that wire , they are notourious for breaking right at the base of the doser or burning off near the plug that run to the main harness next to the exhaust manifold. Also, if you have smoke in that general area, I would inspect the doser itself for cracks. I have seen them get to hot and crack. It could be a fire hazard if it's leaking.
Not sure when it was changed but the new style doser requires updated lines to be properly installed.
If you suspect any other leaks, wait untill the engine is cool and spray it down with soapy water and most of the time you find any air leaks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.