High SCR outlet temperature
11-15-2019, (Subject: High SCR outlet temperature ) 
High SCR outlet temperature
Hi. I do have a 2013 Volvo with Cummins ISX 15 CM 2250. For the last month or so I'm getting the SPN 4363 FMI 0 code (3165). I changed the SCR outlet temperature sensor and I'm still getting the same code over and over. Last night I start getting the SPN 1569 FMI 31 code (3714). What can trigger the SCR temperature to be high? Any help is greatly appreciated.
replyreply
RE: High SCR outlet temperature
Have you pulled apart th DOC, DPF, and Decomp tubing, SCR element itself and made sure none of them have face plugging issues, or dried DEF buildup in the decomp tube?
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

Pull them all apart and take pics of the elements.

have you bothered to do a thorough EGR tune-up and replace all the sensors, Doser injector etc.?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(11-15-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  Have you pulled apart th DOC, DPF, and Decomp tubing, SCR element itself and made sure none of them have face plugging issues, or dried DEF buildup in the decomp tube?
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

Pull them all apart and take pics of the elements.

have you bothered to do a thorough EGR tune-up and replace all the sensors, Doser injector etc.?

The SCR itself was changed last year. After a year of fighting all kinds of DPF codes and a lot of money to the dealers, I found out the SCR was recalled by Cummins. Unfurtunatlly, at the time I found out, I was 300 miles over the limit that Cummins was requesting for a free replacement. At that time we also changed the DPF filter, all the temperatures and NOX sensors, pressure sensor etc. everything worked fine till about a week ago.
Tomorrow I will take the filters apart but it looks very strange that I only get the code for High temperature for the SCR outlet. If something is plugged, i should not get a high temperature for the inlet?Just try to find what can get a high temperature only for the outlet SCR
replyreply
11-19-2019, (Subject: High SCR outlet temperature ) 
(11-15-2019 )DannyA Wrote:  Hi. I do have a 2013 Volvo with Cummins ISX 15 CM 2250. For the last month or so I'm getting the SPN 4363 FMI 0 code (3165). I changed the SCR outlet temperature sensor and I'm still getting the same code over and over. Last night I start getting the SPN 1569 FMI 31 code (3714). What can trigger the SCR temperature to be high? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the CM2350 version and had the very same code back in late August. When it thru that code it immediately shut down the engine at highway speed. After getting pulled over I was able to get the truck started again. What I discovered upon restart was it had gone into a passive regen and it thru the 3165 code. I was able to get the truck another 300 miles or so down the road and met up with one of the guys on this forum who had insite. For hours we sat there with the truck and ran test after test and did a parked regen. Never did find the cause of that code and so far to this day it has not returned.

Upon getting home here's what I did:

1. Obtained the Insite Software (Can't believe that I was actually going down the road without it) and it runs EVERY mile with me now.
2. I did an EGR tune up and another parked regen

I have stayed way up on top of my numbers since then, I am constantly checking pressures, etc. AND I am performing parked regens at about every 50 hrs opposite of the passive regens just so I can more closely monitor what's going on. And again, thus far I have not had anymore issues. I am constantly watching for soot build up on my IMAP and DeltaP sensors and I clean them every time I pull them off. The truck itself is running passive regen about every 100 hrs or so and has been on that cycle religiously. My numbers thus far have been outstanding.

As I am a car hauler and depending upon my weight, wind resistance, and whether or not I'm going uphill or down my DEF consumption is anywhere between 102 to 178 MPG, way back when I had crystallized DEF in the Decomp tube due to a leaking Doser my consumption was less than 60 MPG, it was bad and I was getting constant codes for one thing or another.

My suggestion, like others, is get that After-treatment cleaned up real good and get Insite. Don't run another mile without it. I can't say it will solve your problem and mine may come back tomorrow, but thus far being aggressive toward the after-treatment system has paid off for me. Hope this has been useful.

Best of luck.

Oh, and I have to thank Rawze for some "tough love" (as it were) talk and #SnailExpress for all of his help along the way.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I’m not a expert on these filters but from what I have read doing parked regens is hard on the filters and I shortens the precious metals life span inside the filters. Maybe do a little research on it to confirm. Just something I read somewhere recently. Maybe I’m wrong, Check it out. You might be costing yourself money doing forced regens every week.
replyreply
(11-19-2019 )Magard Wrote:  I’m not a expert on these filters but from what I have read doing parked regens is hard on the filters and I shortens the precious metals life span inside the filters. Maybe do a little research on it to confirm. Just something I read somewhere recently. Maybe I’m wrong, Check it out. You might be costing yourself money doing forced regens every week.

The previous Parked Regen prior to yesterday was 10-23, almost a month ago. My work load currently is fairly short regional work 3 days a week or so. It takes a bit of time for me to clock a 100 hrs. So I'm probably not doing them as often as indicated previously, but I really appreciate your input and will do some diggin'.

Thank you.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.