Isx 435ST issues
11-15-2019, (Subject: Isx 435ST issues ) 
Isx 435ST issues
I have a 2010 international prostar with the isx 435St in the mornings when I start up sometimes it needs a little push of starting fluid to get her going. I’ve noticed if I top of the fuel tanks before I shut her down she will start back up but if I’m down around 1/2 tank she won’t start after sitting few hours. I’ve read a lot about stuff on here about the high pressure fuel pump but I can’t find any information about the 435St motor any help will help please
replyreply
RE: Isx 435ST issues
Sounds like you may a an anti drain back valve that isn't working. Do you have a davco filter? Is there visible fuel in it when you go to start is up? If not, there is a spring ball in the inlet fitting of the davco that sometimes sticks. Pull it apart and clean and lube it.
replyreply
RE: Isx 435ST issues
(11-15-2019 )Kentuckyshuffle Wrote:  I have a 2010 international prostar with the isx 435St

I can’t find any information about the 435St motor any help will help please

Register your engine ser# (ESN number) on quickserv.com
All the info about your engine you could ever want is on there and for free.

A 2010 truck would be a CM871 engine. - There is no high pressure common rail fuel pump. It has the older style IFSM and gear pump. They are not prone to the failures that the newer engines have.

-- Pressurize the fuel tanks to 10 psi and look for fuel line leaks after 30 min or so.

-- Also, is the electric lift pump working? - if not, then find out why.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.