2015 T660. Reverse lights
11-19-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
Thumbs Down 2015 T660. Reverse lights
Truck in neutral, key off position reverse lights are on. Noticed while unloading they were barley shining, like what is going on. Cycled key, still on.

Drove about 150 miles noticed twice while changing lanes blinkers would blink faster than normal, right or left it didn't matter. Blinkers blinking fast doesn't happen each time I use blocked.

Got stopped for my 30 minutes and reverse lights are still on?

Any ideas

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
RE: 2015 T660. Reverse lights
Snds like ur reverse switch is stuck.
replyreply
Sleeper truck?
LED or incandescent lights?

I'd start at the back there is a 5 or 6-way flat that all the lights connect to towards the driver side is the frame. There will be another connector further up the chassis. I'd check both sides of the trailer 7-way it's sounding like moisture intrusion/short somewhere. Next would be the chassis node & connectors.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Sleeper truck.
Led reverse lights

I got stopped for the night. I can shift in and out of reverse with key on engine running, reverse lights get brighter when I shift into reverse. Sometimes they will go out for a few seconds when I shift back into neutral.

Pulled fuse in fuse box that says backup, not sure if that is reverse lights or not, either way lights stayed on.

Started pulling fuses for chassis nodes in under hood fuse box. One of the fuses will make reverse lights go out. When I put fuse back reverse lights come back on after 5 to 10 seconds. So for tonight going to leave fuse out. Will put it back in the morning.

Not sure if I need to stop by Kenworth and let them hook up and possibly read something or mess with it when I get home??

replyreply
seems to be a common PACCAR issue with LED lights i remember someone a while back on here saying their trucks brake lights were on ever so slightly even with truck off. then 2 weekends ago when i was parked for my 34hr there was a t660 parked next to me he had LED lights and when i went for a walkabout i noticed his were on so slightly they were the square LED lights with like 3 rows of 3 or 5 LEDS and they were all on slightly but the led in the very center of the housing was the brightest.

i dont know how the lights work in PACCAR but if they are run through the body controller like international maybe their ran through mosfets or however its spelt and for some reason their not completely shutting down when turned off and allowing a very small amount of current to go to the lights? or if they have chip on board relays same issue? idk. possibly a firmware update from kenworth could fix it if theres a newer version?

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
These are burning pretty bright, not at 100% but about 85%. I agree that someone inside of the chassis node whatever that is is where my trouble lies.

Yeah the old days of wire going to a switch then to a component are gone.

Now we run a wire to a switch, then to a module of some kind it then decides what to do and sends a signal to a relay or something then a wire to the component to make it function.

Progress is killing us.

replyreply
11-20-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
heck what it could be is if the BCM is sending a check signal to the lights to see if they draw current or not to tell you if a light is out that could be it to i spose. i would find a regular light with the same plug in and hook it up see if its still on.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
What is the label for the fuse that gets the light to turn off?. That should point to the circuit that's feeding it.
replyreply
I have seen a couple trucks show up here and brake lights or rev lights were partially lit.

On some trucks, the +12v is constant on the lights, and the ground wire is the one that is switched on and off to make them light up. - If this is the case, then it can be moisture getting into the lighting harness, wiring starting to rub through somewhere, ... I.E.> something shorting out to ground somewhere.

I have even seen bad bulbs cause this issue.

--Start by unplugging bulbs in the back, one at a time. Last guy came over, it was a brake light bulb socket shorting out to the frame causing it.

Just some thoughts anyways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.