2015 T660. Reverse lights
11-20-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
RE: 2015 T660. Reverse lights
I had problem, like this, and it turned out to be wires inside headlight assembly were rubbing and wore through the insulation. And this was on a t660.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
Okay this morning in the dark I put fuse back in for chassis node. (There are 8 fuses labeled for chassis node.)

Reverse lights came on again with key off.
Unplugged passenger side reverse light, drivers side stayed on. Plugged back up. Unplugged drivers side and both reverse lights went out.

So it's possibly in the drivers side reverse light. It is a single clear led light. They are hard to locate. Supposed to have one coming. They cost $50 each. They are proud of them. I hope this fixes up my problems.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
(11-20-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  I had problem, like this, and it turned out to be wires inside headlight assembly were rubbing and wore through the insulation. And this was on a t660.
Was it the headlight wires or the marker light wires inside the headlight?

replyreply
Side note, why doesn't the turn signals in the side of the fenders work as marker lights. They only blink with turn signal. They have 3 or 4 wires going into the socket?? Should only need 2 wires if there only purpose is to blink.

replyreply
(11-20-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  
(11-20-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  I had problem, like this, and it turned out to be wires inside headlight assembly were rubbing and wore through the insulation. And this was on a t660.
Was it the headlight wires or the marker light wires inside the headlight?

I honestly don't recall.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(11-20-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  Okay this morning in the dark I put fuse back in for chassis node. (There are 8 fuses labeled for chassis node.)

Reverse lights came on again with key off.
Unplugged passenger side reverse light, drivers side stayed on. Plugged back up. Unplugged drivers side and both reverse lights went out.

So it's possibly in the drivers side reverse light. It is a single clear led light. They are hard to locate. Supposed to have one coming. They cost $50 each. They are proud of them. I hope this fixes up my problems.

Try switching the reverse lights and see if the problem follows the drivers side light. If not the problem might be in the harness somewhere.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-22-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
I need a wiring diagram.

Reverse lights are not light up now. Not sure why they aren't. Now the turn signals are acting up.

Both front turn signals work. Left rear works. Left fender does not work. Right rear does not work. Right fender works. Best I can tell it uses a diagonal set up.

It sends power to whatever it wants to illuminate. Ground is good because the tail light works in the same led light assembly.

I feel like the truck knows it has something wrong and shuts down the left fender and right rear blinker. Now why two opposite sides are being shut down is beyond me. I believe it is because that chassis node controls those two lights and the reverse lights.

Thinking my best bet is get it to a Kenworth dealer and let them hook to the truck and see what it is saying.

replyreply
11-22-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
I don't know anything about KW wiring but I had a trailer pigtail receptacle corrode internally and it back fed in to my truck lighting. It caused all kinds of stupid light issues. Probably not your problem but just a thought.
replyreply
11-28-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
I found my trucks troubles.

Wires going to chassis node had rubbed thru their insulation and corrosion had set in. .
I blame it on dirt getting inside the wire look and grinding on the insulation of the wires.
Everything seems to be working as it should now.

I didn't have a wiring diagram, just started checking wires. Looked like a likely area for something to go wrong seeing as how they have the wiring making some really tight bends.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , tree98 , hhow55 , Moose

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.