2015 T660. Reverse lights
11-28-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
RE: 2015 T660. Reverse lights
grats!

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
11-28-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
(11-28-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  I found my trucks troubles.

Wires going to chassis node had rubbed thru their insulation and corrosion had set in. .
I blame it on dirt getting inside the wire look and grinding on the insulation of the wires.
Everything seems to be working as it should now.

I didn't have a wiring diagram, just started checking wires. Looked like a likely area for something to go wrong seeing as how they have the wiring making some really tight bends.

Thanks for sharing. Maybe post an area pic of the the truck this problem occurred so that others can look there in the future?

Also, I would suggest you pull each conductors in that area real hard, see if any snap from internal corrosion. An easy way to find if others are soon to fail there that may still look ok.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-30-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
Here are a few pictures of the chassis node and it's location. The wires that feed it make a loop. They come into and exit back thru the same harness/glob of wires.

You can see it by looking just under the sleeper, attached to a bracket that attaches to the frame. 3 bolts hold it to the bracket. I removed bolts and left connectors plugged up until I got it out where I could work on it. There is plenty of extra wire. Like 2.5 feet or more extra.
I don't have a diagram or a real good knowledge of how it operates. Seems to control the external lighting for the truck.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Excellent find!

I spent two days with wiring diagrams, an ohm meter and a load pro going through every chassis harness. Narrowed it down to a bad chassis node. What Paccar wanted to change it and program it was well beyond reasonable even for stealershit standards. Plus 2-3 days without my truck and the whole demandated thing... The only function I couldn't get back was the 12v+ going to the reverse switch on top the trans, so I went and got a new keyed B+ from elsewhere, fused it and ran it to the switch and haven't looked back.

I found this in my stash, Not 100% if it applied to your truck but it gives a good explanation of what they do.

.pdf  ServiceManualNamux4English.pdf (Size: 7.25 MB / Downloads: 2552)
replyreply
Moose appreciate the manual.

I would have been in a mess if I had your troubles. I tried Kenworth dealer they were taking longer to even look at it than I had time.

We just about have to do it on our own. Like you said down time is a killer. I wasted a couple hours at dealership. Some guys had been there for a few days. One was getting King pins replaced. This is at a 24 hour shop. I was like not me I will have to try on my on.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
12-01-2019, (Subject: 2015 T660. Reverse lights ) 
(11-30-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  Moose appreciate the manual.

I would have been in a mess if I had your troubles. I tried Kenworth dealer they were taking longer to even look at it than I had time.

We just about have to do it on our own. Like you said down time is a killer. I wasted a couple hours at dealership. Some guys had been there for a few days. One was getting King pins replaced. This is at a 24 hour shop. I was like not me I will have to try on my on.

You are learning... These shops will eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner, then send you down the road broke... Worst part, they rarely ever fix the issue. The only time I go to a shop is if the job is to big, too big in a mechanical way that requires lifting the truck.

The mechanic at my local TA can do a brake job much faster than myself, and much cheaper when everything is considered. That is shop stuff... Or if it is -30 out, it goes to the shop if it is something that requires immediate attention and is a quick repair. If it is a longer repair, I'll bite the bullet and do it myself.

Electrical, or sensor related, I do that. Minor repairs, like fixing that front engine cover leak, I do that. Overhead, I do that... Installing the new Air Compressor, I do that... Replacing a CAC, I do that. Anything requiring a jack or pit, it goes in. I cannot get under this truck, damn thing sits to low, and I hate taking the tires off, even though I have the tools.

I have never worked on a truck so much in my life... This new equipment is just junk.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.