CM2350 bad delete
11-21-2019, (Subject: CM2350 bad delete ) 
CM2350 bad delete
I had my CM2350 demandated about a year ago, and it has not been right since. I went through 2 turbo's before deciding to add a compound turbo with the VGT. Fuel mileage and power both went down, except in low altitude it runs good but fuel mileage is still bad. I took it back to the same shop because of the poor tune and they cannot figure out how to tune it with the compound turbo being added. I am at my witts end and afraid I may do serious engine damage if I do not get something done. I have no experience with Cummins Insite, or Calterm, if I had known about this forum prior I would not have taken this path. Any advice is appreciated!
replyreply
RE: CM2350 bad delete
Go back to stock tuning and stock turbo until you can get that thing properly fixed

What was the thinking behind a compound turbo with a VGT turbo??

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
i cant go back to stock tune cause of it,s been demandated. went with the compound to slow the vgt down and to also cool it down but wouldn,t had to do that if the tune was right so need help on that part of it.
replyreply
You need to get in touch with either Unilevers(he's on this forum) or get the truck to mr. Hagg in Georgia. Those are your ONLY 2 options.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
ok thank you how do i get in dm unilevers i am brand new to this forum
replyreply
(11-21-2019 )jwt41 Wrote:  ok thank you how do i get in dm unilevers i am brand new to this forum

Click on home, and go to bottom of page. You'll see his name. Also get in touch with mommaburt.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(11-21-2019 )jwt41 Wrote:  I had my CM2350 demandated about a year ago, and it has not been right since. I went through 2 turbo's before deciding to add a compound turbo with the VGT. Fuel mileage and power both went down, except in low altitude it runs good but fuel mileage is still bad. I took it back to the same shop because of the poor tune and they cannot figure out how to tune it with the compound turbo being added. I am at my witts end and afraid I may do serious engine damage if I do not get something done. I have no experience with Cummins Insite, or C@ltr!m, if I had known about this forum prior I would not have taken this path. Any advice is appreciated!

Someone somewhere has lead you down the path of complete engine butchering redneck garbage mods!!!..-- THAT IS A $40,000 COMMERCIAL ENGINE!!!!! -- AND SOMEONE'S LIVELIHOOD!!!! --- WHAT THE h%LL WAS SOMEONE THINKING!!!!!

--- IDIOTS - R - US GARBAGE-CAN BIG $$$ TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DESTROY YOUR ENGINE HORSE-TURD MODIFICATIONS THAT RUIN YOU TRUCKING BUSINESS ALL WHILE FEEDING YOUR EGO SO THAT U CAN FEED THOSE MORONS SOME MORE $$$$$ THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WHILE THEY BRAG ABOUT RIPPING YOU OFF AND --- OOOH LOOK
!!!! IT HAS A COMPOUND TURBO ON AN ENGINE THAT CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE THAN ABOUT 32-33 LBS BOOST WITHOUT IT BLOWING ITSELF UP!!!!

--- WHAT LUNACY!!!! ---

AND I BLAME THE TRUCK OWNER JUST AS MUCH FOR BEING SO GULLIBLE TO LET SOME IDIOT BIG-NAME SHOP DO THIS TO THEIR ENGINE!!!!

I HOPE YOU HAVE LEARNED some LESSONS!!!!!!--- YOU NEED TO PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND, THROW THAT EGO-ATTITUDE BOOSTING REDNECK PUKE CRAP OFF IT, AND ACTUALLY FIX IT THE RIGHT WAY ...

--- TAKE THE GARBAGE TURBO JUNK OFF THAT GODDAMN THING ---PUT THE ORIGINAL VGT, MANIFOLD, ETC. BACK ON THE ENGINE! -- YES IT WILL WORK JUST FINE AND MAKE 600+ HP WITH THE FACTORY VGT WITHOUT AND ISSUES -- EVEN WHEN DELETED.

SO FAR ... YOUR NOT LISTENING! -- NO ONE HERE IS TELLING YOU TO HOOK BACK UP THE EXHAUST HEADACHES ,,... THEY ARE SCREAMING AT YOU TO PUT THE ENGINE BACK RIGHT SO THAT YOU HAVE HALF A CHANCE TO MAKE IT RUN WITHOUT BLOWING ITSELF UP !!!

-- Welcome to the bad delete club -- There is a victim about every month on here, and you seemed to have had some engine death wish or something it seems!.
you have been added here... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

-- PRIORITY # 1 --- PUT THE ORIGINAL VGT BACK ON IT AND REMOVE THE GARBAGE TWIN LUNACY THAT IS GOING TO DO NOTHING BUT WAAAAAYYYY OVER-BOOST THE CRAP OUT OF THAT ENGINE AND KILL IT!!! -- THIS KIND OF HORSE-GARBAGE HAS NO PLACE IN TRUCKING --- FREIGHT DOES NOT PAY FOR YOU TO EXPERIMENT AND BLOW ENGINES UP JUST SO YOU CAN BRAG ABOUT IT ONCE IN A WHILE!!!-- NONE OF THAT GARBAGE IS WORTH IT, FREIGHT DOES NOT PAY FOR YOU TO BLOW YOUR ENGINE UP 2 OR 3 TIMES MORE OFTEN THAT IT SHOULD LAST!!! IT SIMPLY DOES NOT PAY, AND THERE ARE FAR BETTER WAYS OF ACHIEVING PROPER RESULTS!

Here's what was done to you and your engine!!! ...
./uploads/202002/post_2_1582233833_3c95cb837277a3791f65b51b2aef4f5e.jpg

========

LASTLY -- THOSE STATEMENTS ABOUT "COOLING THE VGT OFF" --- WHAT TOTAL IGNORANT NONSENSE!!!-- SOMEONE IS ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS!!! --- BEYOND F$$ CLUELESS TO SAY SUCH IDIOT THINGS!!! --- I BET THEY WERE STUFFING 50+ LBS OF BOOST INTO THAT THING, TORTURING THE HOLY HELL OUT OF IT, JUST SO THEY CAN BRAG ABOUT IT IN THEIR IGNORANCE!!! -- NOT KNOWING THAT THE 2350ISX HAS 18.9:1 COMPRESSION RATIO IN IT -- AND CAN'T TAKE MORE THAN, AND DOES NOT EVEN NEED MORE THAN ABOUT 33-34 PSI EVEN WITH 800 FREGGIN' HORSEPOWER BEING PRODUCED!!!!

THAT 2350 IS NOT A YELLOW CAT... --- IT CAN'T TAKE HIGH BOOST PRESSURE -- IT IS NOT DESIGNED THAT WAY -- AND IT DON'T FFFKING NEED IT, EVEN AT HIGH HP LEVELS!!!!!!

I find it absolutely unbelievable how utterly stupid some of these shops are with these modern engines!!! -- AND WITH A CLUELESS POWER-HUNGRY TRUCK OWNER WHO WANTS TO STROK HIS OWN EGO -- THE IDIOTS SELLING THIS CRAP KNOW ALL TOO WELL IT DESTROYS THE ENGINE!!! -- AND THE CLUELESS TRUCK OWNER(S) PLAY RIGHT INTO THAT EGO FOR THIS KIND OF CRAP -- I COMPLETELY BLAME THE TRUCK OWNER FOR ALLOWING SUCH GARBAGE ON AN ENGINE THEY HAVE TO MAKE THEIR LIVING WITH!!-- THAT PART OS ON YOU... --- LIKE I SAID THOUGH... I HOPE YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON!.

STOP LISTENING TO COMPLETE IDIOTS WHO ARE WELL TRAINED IN SALESMAN TACTICS TOWARDS TAKING YOUR MONEY IN RETURN FOR DESTROYING YOUR ENGINE JUST LIKE THE IGNORANT PICK-UP TRUCK TUNING SHOP GUYS DO!!!

* PUT the factory manifold, vgt, exhaust back on it. -- and If you really that hell bent on big HP (above 625hp),.. PUT A PROPER 500 SERIES VGT + factory manifold from a CM871 ON IT!!! -- THAT IS THE ACTUAL CORRECT SOLUTION FOR THAT ENGINE WITH BIG HP!!!.

* NEXT .. The same morons who would sell you this crap will also usually be quick to remove the egr cooler + and block the coolant passages up feeding cylinders 5 and 6. ... THIS IS BIG MISTAKE #2... THAT ENGINE NEEDS THAT COOLANT PASSAGE that the egr cooler normally provides!!! -- makes me wonder what kind of other horrible hack-job trash has been done to that engine along with the compound horse-garbage .. I don't dare thing about it.

* A decent Program to run the thing properly, once all the hardware has been corrected.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
That's why i'm on here trying to figure out what to do had no idea that de-mandating it would cause this sort of issue.
It still has stock vgt on it just compounded it. like i said before wish i would've know about this forum before i did it but i can't change that fact now. so just need help
replyreply
(11-21-2019 )jwt41 Wrote:  That's why i'm on here trying to figure out what to do had no idea that de-mandating it would cause this sort of issue.
It still has stock vgt on it just compounded it. like i said before wish i would've know about this forum before i did it but i can't change that fact now. so just need help

Well. You are here now. Please read through all the important information on this site. Learn learn learn. Take the advise given as nobody on here will steer you wrong and will always help you. Good luck bud.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.