CM2350 bad delete
11-21-2019, (Subject: CM2350 bad delete ) 
RE: CM2350 bad delete
(11-21-2019 )jwt41 Wrote:  That's why i'm on here trying to figure out what to do had no idea that de-mandating it would cause this sort of issue.
It still has stock vgt on it just compounded it. like i said before wish i would've know about this forum before i did it but i can't change that fact now. so just need help

What is the engine ser# (ESN number?).

How many miles on it, some history, truck type, etc?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(11-21-2019 )jwt41 Wrote:  I had my CM2350 demandated about a year ago, and it has not been right since. I went through 2 turbo's ..
Fuel mileage and power both went down...

-- I have seen a lot of them exactly like this one this last couple years on 2350's and 2250's... This is one fine example of exactly WHY you had issues so badly after the de-mandate...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid46124

Rawze Wrote:** No mode re-mapping into non-egr mode. - Engine was perpetually stuck into SCR warmup mode where the turbo was screaming and closing off exhaust to make extra heat in the cylinders and exhaust all the time, leading to eventual liner fretting, piston failure, and repeated turbocharger failures.

I have seen bad program after bad program with this exact problem over last 2 years ... It is coming DIRECTLY FROM those big $$$ name shops and their complete stupidity on how these engines run.. they do not even know what engine mode(s) the engine is running in.. engine modes like cold start, city, highway, high altitude, scr and exhaust warming modes, etc. where it chokes the exhaust and kills the turbo repeatedly if there is no more exhaust components to warm up,.. and on and on these clowns are really this stupid!.

-- I bet that truck owner can call up those tuning "experts" and ask what engine operating modes are still active and how it was re-mapped, what modes it is now allowed to run in and they will draw a blank... or get mad .. and make any kind of excuse "its factory" or other horse-baloney because THEY ARE THAT CLUELESS!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
esn#{number removed to protect identity of truck owner}
replyreply
it's in a 389 pete 620,000 miles on it egr cooler is still intact and flowing coolant through it everything has been completely hollowed out no restrictions
replyreply
Most of us here, myself included, have been down your road with varying zeros in front of the decimal point. Yes, it can be done, without all the aftermarket crap and even *gasp* get decent fuel mileage at 600hp. You're in the right place, welcome to the pink dildo club... I'll take it, and the occasional ass chewing knowing my equipment is correct.
replyreply
(11-21-2019 )jwt41 Wrote:  esn#{number removed to protect identity of truck owner}

Its a factory 550/1850, CPL 3939. At least it is a tier-3 engine. It can easily make more than 600~ish HP with all factory components and original VG on it w/33-34 lbs boost.

How many HP/torque were you trying to set it to?

How much boost pressure is it making now? - What are the EGT's doing?

i can tell you for sure, that the engine is running in the wrong engine modes all the time. -- Seen it too many times this year .. it is stuck in SCR warm-up mode permanently because of the "delete" programming, etc. was done improperly and it cannot satisfy exhaust temp sensor on the SCR .. because it can no longer read it.. it makes that VGT over-spool like mad, makes it get hot as hell, choke the exhaust because ECM is trying like hell to warm up the exhaust and it can;t read the SCR and DPF temps any more. -- Half-arssed delete-r-us.com -- that is what you have!

-- Sad part is that the ECM can be corrected of this problem VERY VERY EASILY! -- but those big-name shops, and the shops that copy these ignorant horse-garbage ways spread this bad programming like a virus through the truck industry like mad -- making now, 90+% of all places out there making these problems in these engines here these last few years.

- Your statement of "at certain altitudes it seems a bit better or worse" -- is right up the alley for this -- because that ECM is switching modes when it hits 4,000 ft elevation (assuming no one has edited the altitude sensor logic too, who knows at this point),.. and AGAIN at 8,000 feet. -- and it gets eve worse, because there is no proper engine mode control logic in it any more. -- That is WHY you have had nothing but problems,.. and the idiots that are too stupid to know what it is -- resort to hack-job mods and excuses like "cooling off the vgt" horse-snot like a bunch of red-neck idiot pick-up truck tuning dips$its!.

- If you get that program pulled out of that ECM .. e-mail it to me,.. and I will review it + tell you line for line what someone did to your engine program, good, bad, and/or ugly!.

replyreply
I would pull the tune but i don't have the cummins insite software to do so. Can you provide me with information to acquire it?
replyreply
I'm just looking for it to run properly 600 but want it to be reliable. the boost varies sometimes 30 in elevation 42 at sea level.
replyreply
(11-21-2019 )jwt41 Wrote:  it's in a 389 pete 620,000 miles on it egr cooler is still intact and flowing coolant through it everything has been completely hollowed out no restrictions

{Assuming for a moment that it is still factory orig. miles ...}

At 620,000 miles, and it being a 550/1850 CM2350, -- It is more than 50% expected to be at the end of its life right now, even if it were not de-mandated. Most any more don't make it past about 650 - 700k miles due to improper (too tall) gearing of the trucks these days. It is predictable on them, as the initial 0.010" liner height does not seem to be nearly high enough from the factory to handle the 18.9 compression ratio in it + lugging it using high torque below 1500 everywhere like a fool.

-- Add in the abuse it has now been suffering these last year or 2.. and all I can say is that I hope like hell that you got your money saved up for that inframe that is in its near inevitable future at this point.

Very few 2350's make it much past 650-700k miles because the large majority of trucks any more are geared wrong and suffer a shorten engine life because of it. If truck is geared tall (3.42's, 3.36's, or god forbid something as tall as 2.79's or something), and its whole life being driven below 1500 rpm mostly, then its likely at the end of its rope anyways by now. - If it has 3.55's, 3.79's or 4.08's etc... or something made for driving it in the higher rpm ranges, and it has also been driven in these 1500-1800+ ranges most its life, then it may ordinarily still have some life left in it ... But that abuse it has been suffering, I would not count on it.

Just some food for thought to add to your near future with that thing.

Is it loosing any coolant?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.