first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there
11-22-2019, (Subject: first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there ) 
first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there
hello I'm looking at buying a 2007 mack CL733 axle heavy spec truck with a isx 15 engine in it. I know little to nothing about this motor such as over haul cost longevity or durability of it I'm not sure if it will hold up to the type of service that I intend for it to do nine axle trailer 210 to 215 gross any help is appreciated or opinions at least have a great day
replyreply
11-22-2019, (Subject: first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there ) 
RE: first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there
Is it the CM-870 with no DPF cans? Or, the CM-871 with the DPF? How many miles or hours? If it hasn't been abused, damn solid motor. What is the gearing in the truck? Very important.
replyreply
no dpf miles are 615000 it is supposed to have a new top end at 400000 but I'm still trying to find out exactly what that means the gears are the maxitorque 18spd with 4.10 mack top rears rated at 46000lbs
replyreply
(11-22-2019 )trucker1975 Wrote:  it is supposed to have a new top end at 400000 but I'm still trying to find out exactly what that means

Most likely this is not a good thing, rarely are they done right. Also try to find out WHY they did it, that could reveal a lot about what you can expect to happen in the near future

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
what is the esn#? on the engine?

Have you gone to quickserv.com and registered it? - Is free and That is your go-to source for all cummins manuals, parts lookup, etc.

has the truck been deleted? - or is it bone stock?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-23-2019, (Subject: first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there ) 
(11-22-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  what is the esn#? on the engine?

Have you gone to quickserv.com and registered it? - Is free and That is your go-to source for all cummins manuals, parts lookup, etc.

has the truck been deleted? - or is it bone stock?

its stock as far as I can tell 565hp I'll get that esn number thanks for the info
replyreply
11-23-2019, (Subject: first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there ) 
(11-22-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  
(11-22-2019 )trucker1975 Wrote:  it is supposed to have a new top end at 400000 but I'm still trying to find out exactly what that means

Most likely this is not a good thing, rarely are they done right. Also try to find out WHY they did it, that could reveal a lot about what you can expect to happen in the near future

this is what I've found out apparently it cam issue it was overhauled at 273000 the truck has 615000 now it has alot of blow by I'm sure it needs another overhaul it sounds strange but trucks in this industry it's not uncommon for a motor of any brand to need an overhaul anywhere between 300 and 500 it's just the nature of this job my concern is when I rebuild this thing what can I do to prolong the life span of this engine thanks for your reply
replyreply
(11-22-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Is it the CM-870 with no DPF cans? Or, the CM-871 with the DPF? How many miles or hours? If it hasn't been abused, damn solid motor. What is the gearing in the truck? Very important.

I have to look at it again to find out what number it is it does not have dpf gear ratio is mack 3.94 with a maxitorque 18spd I've no idea what the over drive is in that trans if it even has one may be direct ? thanks for your reply
replyreply
Well which is it, 4.10 gear ratio or 3.94’s?

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucker1975

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.