first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there
11-23-2019, (Subject: first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there ) 
RE: first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there
(11-23-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  Well which is it, 4.10 gear ratio or 3.94’s?

3.94 got it confused with another rear end issue I was dealing with
replyreply
11-23-2019, (Subject: first ISX engine I know nothing about it any help out there ) 
(11-23-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  Well which is it, 4.10 gear ratio or 3.94’s?

3.94 got it confused with another rear end issue I was dealing with
replyreply
I think you should talk to Hammerhead on the forum here. He's one of our heaviest haulers. 9 axles may be some of his smaller stuff. He may be able to shed some light on what's a good setup and how long you can really expect to get out of the engine with that setup. Hopefully he'll be along and chime in. If not PM him and I'm sure he'll get to helping out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
There definitely are things that can be done during rebuild that will lengthen lifespan and make for a more reliable engine. Cutting counterbores and setting liner height to 14 thousandths, also torquing head down properly and Shimming the oil pump are a the big ones. Also you absolutely do not want to use any aftermarket engine components, OEM only.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.