Rawze Dpf help
06-20-2016, (Subject: Rawze Dpf help ) 
Rawze Dpf help
Well, got couple dpf sensor codes. Even got the dreaded stop engine but it didn't flash. Turbo only builds 20 psi. Turbo replaced in July 2015 but not actuator. Presently, I sitting in shop lot and it letting me do parked regen. Probably gonna have actuator checked, to be safe.
Been doing regen for hour and half. First code was dpf temp sensor #3 Second code dpf preasure sensor #1. Drove it 35 mike to shop. As got within 12 mile it asked for parked regen.
Looking for guidance. Can't afford to have this truck down long. Dpf was replaced 2013 like 357,000 miles ago. First time it ever done this. What do I have checked etc. Isx 871. If helps I been in way south texas last week. Had to idle for a.c. it did blow some smoke on a slight hill before everything went crazy
replyreply
06-21-2016, (Subject: Rawze Dpf help ) 
RE: Rawze Dpf help
If you are blowing smoke, from what I know, your DPF is cracked... At least that is what I was led to believe when mine started to puff smoke and soot up the exhaust pipe... I have a weed burner so it is easy to observe. When that happened, I had to remove mandate, drilling holes much cheaper than replacing $7000 in cans.
replyreply
You need to check your actuator with insite. If it doesnt pass calibration , then you have to replace it.
Check if your CAC does not have any leaks , this also could cause low boost. Also check with insite your dpf forced regen diff pressure numbers and regen history what the number are.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
Presently I get code. Exhaust preasure #3. Believe I got it to stationary regen. Had couple other codes they went away after regen. Waiting on shop to get it in. Know Dpf hasn't been touched for 300,000 mile. Thinking with idling in south Texas. It loaded up. Gonna have actuator checked. Didn't replace that when did turbo.
Is it possible for dpf to load up to point it couldn't regen anymore.
replyreply
Was the actuator calibrated properly with Insite when you replaced the turbo and who did the work? An improperly calibrated turbo would cause low boost...and low boost probs during regen. Parked regen should take no more than 45 minutes from start to finish (at least that's what my 2011 Pete has it clocked at).

Just my 2 cents......

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
It should never take more than 40 minutes to do a parked regen. If it does,.. there is something very wrong.

I would heavily suggest you replace the IMAP and exh. gas pressure sensors and clean the doser injector good. The do another regen first and time it.

If the DOC or DPF is face-plugged, it will cause low boost and it will also damage the engine to drive it like that. All the excess heat from the restriction will damage injectors, valves, and even crack pistons/heads.

If the forced regen does not fix it, or takes too long, have the cans pulled and baked/inspected. Take pictures of the faces BEFORE they have been touched and put them here on the forum. Many times it will lead to what might be wrong.

Any coolant loss? oil consumption? These can face plug DPF cans fast, and can even make them go bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.