Laptops and internet
11-24-2019, (Subject: Laptops and internet ) 
RE: Laptops and internet
(11-23-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  Any smartphone can be the router. Turn on wi-fi hot spot on the phone and connect laptop or tablet or printer.

I know that but ATT only offers up 4 gb of hotspot sharing.... honestly its not enough.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
i have hotspot on both phone and tablet sorry forgot to mention that. i have definately do go nowheres without my acer predator gaming laptop ;>

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
Use usb tethering and use your unlimited cell phones data plan. I have Sprint with an Android phone and they keep there phones on lock down. I use pdanet+ and foxfi with a usb cord to circumvent the hotspot limits and direct connect the cell phones network to my laptop. If you use the hotspot they know your using it and limit the hell out of it. If you usb tether with foxfi they can't tell and you can use your unlimited side of your plan.
replyreply
(11-24-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  
(11-23-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  Any smartphone can be the router. Turn on wi-fi hot spot on the phone and connect laptop or tablet or printer.

I know that but ATT only offers up 4 gb of hotspot sharing.... honestly its not enough.
I have AT&T 15 gig. Enough for all searching and document sharing.
If you want ytube or C.O.D. in truck go unlimited.
replyreply
(11-24-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Use usb tethering and use your unlimited cell phones data plan. I have Sprint with an Android phone and they keep there phones on lock down. I use pdanet+ and foxfi with a usb cord to circumvent the hotspot limits and direct connect the cell phones network to my laptop. If you use the hotspot they know your using it and limit the hell out of it. If you usb tether with foxfi they can't tell and you can use your unlimited side of your plan.

I used to be able to tether via usb to laptop with software, ATT found about the little tricks and blocked em. I dont know if newer software has been able by pass att security. I'm going to have to give it a try on my laptop soon enough, also i don't have an android anymore lol. i went with the apple :P.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(11-24-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(11-24-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  

I have AT&T 15 gig. Enough for all searching and document sharing.
If you want ytube or C.O.D. in truck go unlimited.

yeah i have the unlimited data package, ill have to give att a call later on today to see what my options are and what they offer to be more clear.

replyreply
Att unlimited plan. Jailbroken iphone so they dont mess with my hotspot. Microsoft surface with diagnostic software that stays in the truck. Wilson powered booster that really helps with service in weak spots.

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: HES , Evotrucker , Waterloo
I use my phone for Roku 3 and YouTube 76 gigs this period. Use my tablet for laptop gaming around 20 gigs on that on. And now I have a 4 camera system in truck hooked to hotspot so I can pull it up on phone and look.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(11-24-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  I use my phone for Roku 3 and YouTube 76 gigs this period. Use my tablet for laptop gaming around 20 gigs on that on. And now I have a 4 camera system in truck hooked to hotspot so I can pull it up on phone and look.

ill have to get the wilson signal booster at a later time, ive got bigger problems to deal with :P.

How did you got about installing the 4 cameras on the truck, im curios as to which brand you went with so i can add it to the list.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.