Fuel Pump Leak
11-27-2019, (Subject: Fuel Pump Leak ) 
RE: Fuel Pump Leak
(11-27-2019 )rapidisimo Wrote:  It's difficult to take pics around the fuel pump area, so much stuff in the way to really see the leak. I think the leak is coming from the damper above the filter housing. Do I need to remove the fuel pump to change out the damper?

It looks like a lot of work but it really isn't. you're going to need to the IFSM gasket, the guts for the damper and the two little orings behind the damper. they need to replaced other wise the damper will leak again, like it did on mine. Also you'r going to need to get the gasket for the intake manafold gasket so you can move the IFSM out of the way properly, make sure you disconnect all the fuel lines and connections before hand.

I would get the quick disconnect fitting that connects to the IFSM so you can drain out any and all air out of the system while you are priming the IFSM. I usually just do it until i don't see any air bubbles in mine, i believe its okay to see champne size air bubbles. Someone here can correct me if im wrong. Then prime the system 3-10 times then try to turn the truck on. If it doesnt start prime it couple of more times and hold it a little while longer. You shouldn't have any issues turning the truck over after doing that. its going to sound ruff at first but it should smooth its self out shortly after. I've done this so far 3 times and its so easy, i can do it with my eyes closed.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , rapidisimo

Messages In This Thread
Fuel Pump Leak - rapidisimo - 11-25-2019,
RE: Fuel Pump Leak - Evotrucker - 11-27-2019
RE: Fuel Pump Leak - Mattman - 12-13-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.